What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
If we get beat in the prelim final 2022 does BA make it 2024.

I don't think so.

1 famous win has given the flog Arthur an extra 2 years pay.

That 1 victory gave the board the excuse to hang onto him this year which I reckon wouldn't have happened if we bowed out in Townsville

King-Gutho94

Coach
Until I'm proven wrong it will remain the best theory.
You have theories but your not at the coalface either.

Not your fault just reality of the situation.

Your theories ain't exactly wrong but examples like BA being absolute poison to jnr development in the area is stuff you miss.

You call it bitter fans with an axe to grind but it's the truth.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
An even better theory is that the decision makers did not make the best use of the resources they had at their disposal (ala when the roosters and panthers used to finish near the bottom of the ladder).
The resources available to a club aren’t fixed forever. They change over time. The Panthers aren’t the same club they were before Gould came back and arranged financing. The Roosters aren’t the same club they were before Politis stepped down as a sponsor and stepped up as chairman. The Broncos aren’t the same club that used to have three quarters of the Queensland Origin side every single year.

But the Storm are still the exact same club that won a premiership in only its second year.

We are not the same club that won four premierships in six years, but are we still the same club that won three wooden spoons in seven years, under three different coaches (one of them a premiership winner)? I think we’ve changed a lot since then, but we won’t know for sure until after this year. This is our first losing season since this mob took over.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we get beat in the prelim final 2022 does BA make it 2024.

I don't think so.

1 famous win has given the flog Arthur an extra 2 years pay.

That 1 victory gave the board the excuse to hang onto him this year which I reckon wouldn't have happened if we bowed out in Townsville
They didn’t need an excuse, he had a contract extension clause that was triggered after 2022.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You have theories but your not at the coalface either.

Not your fault just reality of the situation.

Your theories ain't exactly wrong but examples like BA being absolute poison to jnr development in the area is stuff you miss.

You call it bitter fans with an axe to grind but it's the truth.
Clubs like the Storm show that junior development doesn’t need to be tied to the local area at all. Even Penrith recruits heavily from outside their local catchment. Likewise, plenty of clubs, probably all of them, recruit from the Parramatta district. Anyone blaming the coach for that obviously has an axe to grind.

lucablight

First Grade
The resources available to a club aren’t fixed forever. They change over time. The Panthers aren’t the same club they were before Gould came back and arranged financing. The Roosters aren’t the same club they were before Politis stepped down as a sponsor and stepped up as chairman. The Broncos aren’t the same club that used to have three quarters of the Queensland Origin side every single year.

But the Storm are still the exact same club that won a premiership in only its second year.

We are not the same club that won four premierships in six years, but are we still the same club that won three wooden spoons in seven years, under three different coaches (one of them a premiership winner)? I think we’ve changed a lot since then, but we won’t know for sure until after this year. This is our first losing season since this mob took over.
So the resources are at the level of whatever fits the narrative? The Roosters went from last to grand finalists from 2009 to 2010. They also changed their decision makers during that time. What’s more likely? They found a magical pot of gold overnight or that changing decision makers has an effect on the on field performance?
I think some years we’ve made good decisions and lucked out and some years we’ve made bad decisions which came back to bite us. The effect of resourcing isn’t as big as you’re making out. If the Broncos miss the finals did they suddenly lose their war chest overnight? Or did they luck out last year by having Reynolds and Walsh fall into their lap and are unable to repeat that level of performance this season?

hindy111

Post Whore
If you mean his relationship with the players was no longer conducive to success then I would agree. But if you're trying to make up some bullshit story about how you know more about tactics than a professional coach then I'll have to keep telling you you're full of shit.

I know more about personalities and characters. Some people I know in buisness are far smarter then me. But they are poor judges of character. I have a strong moral compass.
Leagues a simple game. A lot is in the mind. As far as tactics goes it's more about asking questions to confuses the opposition.
The Bulldogs have a bunch of blokes who don't give up

hindy111

Post Whore
Clubs like the Storm show that junior development doesn’t need to be tied to the local area at all. Even Penrith recruits heavily from outside their local catchment. Likewise, plenty of clubs, probably all of them, recruit from the Parramatta district. Anyone blaming the coach for that obviously has an axe to grind.

Who's blaming BA? He knows he is limited.
I blame the dopes who hired him for so long.
Poor judges of character

Pazza

First Grade
Who's blaming BA? He knows he is limited.
I blame the dopes who hired him for so long.
Poor judges of character

simple fact is unless you are running an elite football program, no one should get 11 seasons. Everyone was grateful to BA for bringing us out of those spoon years but 2024 is a long way from 2013

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Reading the last couple of pages of Pou

jurassic park deal with it GIF

Gronk

Staff member
I just scroll past now.....I don't understand how he can be bothered just dribbling the same shit over and over......
Pou is in the park, throwing the ball to a bunch of puppies. They all run in circles to be the one to return it and to run back the fastest. Then gather in front of him wagging their tales for the next throw.

hindy111

Post Whore
Pou is in the park, throwing the ball to a bunch of puppies. They all run in circles to be the one to return it and to run back the fastest. Then gather in front of him wagging their tales for the next throw.

A woman with an unusual birth defect comes to a doctor who has an unorthodox solution to make the best of her situation.
LINDA LOVELACE
One of the best Deep throats I've seen

hindy111

Post Whore
Well if you are saying that Moretti is an NRL player, then you are more of a moron. When Lane & Matto are available. Momo will be ahead of Morretti cos he will be reggies bench or Ron Massey. Too many errors mate. Soon the kids from U21s will overtake him.

Sorry mate
The adults are talking footy