What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

EelsFan05

Bench
Yep but remember Guthos and his manager did drag us over the coals for a bloated contract..

I agree I feel shit for saying Guthos should be replaced by this kid now who has done sweet f**k all for us.
But he stayed, played 200 games for the club and captained us in a grand final. What has Blaize done to expect this and demand that?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
At least now we can stop the nonsensical talk about him being our next fullback.

I’d be targeting Sloan or AJ Brimson or the kid from Melbourne.
Buchanan from the dragons, kid is a gun! Not locked up yet. No short term pathway there at the moment. Is a centre, $200k-$300k easily gets a him.

Then target a young rookie fullback (who can play wing). Doesn't need to be a superstar junior. Someone whose pathway is blocked and wants an opportunity. Similar to the young Gutho we recruited.

Those 2 wouId probably only cost us $500-600k which we were offering Blaize.

Avenger

Immortal
Blaize reminds me of a player that could potentially be as good as Krisnan Inu. Nice footwork but limited pace but not as good as Willie Tonga. We lost them too.

Blaize is a good prospect but severely overhyped. His lack of pace was never going to transition into a fullback. I can understand why he wants to play 6 at Penrith. I think he’s a space cadet but Brown shits on him in every way at 6.

The fact that we couldn’t even convince him to stay and be a centre is however alarming and demonstrates how useless Mark O’Neill is.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
lol this club is an absolute rabble, trumpet ourselves as a development club, we develop SFA and when we do finally develop a talent they walk out the door.

Bea Arthur’s greasy dumb fingerprints are all over this failure but surely MON has to be done as well?? Gee those PO’s work an absolute treat.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I've lost all passion for this club. My son won't attend games or wear his jersey because of the ridicule. I just cancelled my Season Tickets of 16 years. At least that decision has been made. I'll support from afar.
Had my jumper on all last Friday, lots of travel, my family too, no one said a thing!

#eelsforlife #blueandgold

Angry_eel

First Grade
I take YY's point now. He's probably left because his mate Arthur left. Considering there's other players ahead of him, I don't see what benefit Panthers give him. Kid has literally said No to first grade at Parra.

King-Gutho94

Coach
lol this club is an absolute rabble, trumpet ourselves as a development club, we develop SFA and when we do finally develop a talent they walk out the door.

Bea Arthur’s greasy dumb fingerprints are all over this failure but surely MON has to be done as well?? Gee those PO’s work an absolute treat.
The only thing that has developed at this club is a bunch of losers that have NFI what success looks like.

Jason Ryles must be sitting there regretting every decision he has made since applying for the job and accepting it.

Gherkin

Juniors
I take YY's point now. He's probably left because his mate Arthur left. Considering there's other players ahead of him, I don't see what benefit Panthers give him. Kid has literally said No to first grade at Parra.
The chance to play at a professional club. A chance at success and to develop and improve in a team where everyone wants to play for the club.
The attitude that BA created within our playing group towards the club is shit, glad he's gone but it should've been last year. And MON should've never been hired, he's a dud. Can't wait for Ryles to take over and make his mark on the team

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Jason Ryles must be sitting there regretting every decision he has made since applying for the job and accepting it.
Why? He suddenly has $500k or so to spend for 2025, plus a few million dollars of salary cap to spend for 2026 in 3 months....perfect for a new coach to get the squad he wants...

yep I rated Blaize, but stuff him! Club is bigger them him!!

Latest posts