What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
Why? He suddenly has $500k or so to spend for 2025, plus a few million dollars of salary cap to spend for 2026 in 3 months....perfect for a new coach to get the squad he wants...

yep I rated Blaize, but stuff him! Club is bigger them him!!
Exactly. This amount of money only needs to be given to rookies like Hayne, Ponga and Moses. Not utilities that can’t tackle. No chance I’d give him $500k.

JokerEel

Coach
The only thing that has developed at this club is a bunch of losers that have NFI what success looks like.

Jason Ryles must be sitting there regretting every decision he has made since applying for the job and accepting it.

If I was Ryles I would be ecstatic that he has f**ked off..

Isn't worth what we were apparently going to pay him hasn't earned his spot.

Look at how the Storm have held Faalogo back they have also resigned him for probably the same as what we were offering Blaize.

f**k him

yy_cheng

Coach
I take YY's point now. He's probably left because his mate Arthur left. Considering there's other players ahead of him, I don't see what benefit Panthers give him. Kid has literally said No to first grade at Parra.
They're leaving... they'll bad mouth the place especially if your dad is sacked.
So why would he stay? Lose week on week, you're not playing with your mates no more. Get a new start at a more professional joint.

It is human nature to do this. The grass is always greener....

I reckong the To'o thing is real too. You go into SOO camp. Each players there are probably the highest paid players in their team. Your mates are leaving on close to $1M contracts. They have lots of properties and a nice home.

You decided to stay for less hoping everyone else would and end up watching Nathan owning property and business in Penrith and you're still in your fibro shack. I am sure that the likes of his ex-team mates will tell them what the smart thing to do is.

These guys should chase the $$$ if they can coz they are an injury away of having nothing if they don't.

Avenger

Immortal
They're leaving... they'll bad mouth the place especially if your dad is sacked.
So why would he stay? Lose week on week, you're not playing with your mates no more. Get a new start at a more professional joint.

It is human nature to do this. The grass is always greener....

I reckong the To'o thing is real too. You go into SOO camp. Each players there are probably the highest paid players in their team. Your mates are leaving on close to $1M contracts. They have lots of properties and a nice home.

You decided to stay for less hoping everyone else would and end up watching Nathan owning property and business in Penrith and you're still in your fibro shack. I am sure that the likes of his ex-team mates will tell them what the smart thing to do is.

These guys should chase the $$$ if they can coz they are an injury away of having nothing if they don't.
I’d give him as much as What Lomax is on. Not a cent more.

Arbitaar1

Juniors
I think Talagi was overhyped. Yes he could score a try but his defence was shocking. He was like a Sloan or French from wish. People calling for him to replace gutho is shocking. Gutho is the best fullback at the club.

Delboy

First Grade
The issue is not how good Blaize is , the real fact is the club wanted to retain him and failed. Surely that falls on an inability to outline his future opportunities and set them out to his manager and family, that is the responsibility of the HOF, missed by that much !!
Absolute incompetence.

eel01s

Bench
Development club! What a joke. We can't keep or refuse to sell the dream to promising younger players because everyone knows they won't become better players here.

Oh, and it's not just the juniors. It's been a long time since we brought a top line, current representative level player to the club.

The board need to recognise this and make changes to our football operations. No more amateur hour hires.

yy_cheng

Coach
I think Talagi was overhyped. Yes he could score a try but his defence was shocking. He was like a Sloan or French from wish. People calling for him to replace gutho is shocking. Gutho is the best fullback at the club.
I'm a gutho fan but lately, i too think he should move. Age is getting to him.

I have advocated for Dyl to 1 for a long time. I would just love to see him in more space and running onto the ball rather than being flat footed when receiving the ball.

I think Guth should be 9. He is a great dummy half runner, he has the fitness, can kick, can read the plays and can follow instructions. He can definitely handle the defense but would also need a break I feel.

In the centres, he will get found out ala SOO.

JokerEel

Coach
I'm a gutho fan but lately, i too think he should move. Age is getting to him.

I have advocated for Dyl to 1 for a long time. I would just love to see him in more space and running onto the ball rather than being flat footed when receiving the ball.

I think Guth should be 9. He is a great dummy half runner, he has the fitness, can kick, can read the plays and can follow instructions. He can definitely handle the defense but would also need a break I feel.

In the centres, he will get found out ala SOO.

Agree with Brown at 1.

Gutho isn't a hooker you need to make 40-50 tackles a game he doesn't have the body for it.
Though if he could he would be good at it..

King-Gutho94

Coach
Why? He suddenly has $500k or so to spend for 2025, plus a few million dollars of salary cap to spend for 2026 in 3 months....perfect for a new coach to get the squad he wants...

yep I rated Blaize, but stuff him! Club is bigger them him!!
The main concern is now despite having a few million dollars to spend is when your clubs reputation is back to shit you have pay massive overs to sign any decent talent in the joint when your down the bottom.

We have found ourselves back into the situation the Tigers have found themselves for a decade and the Dogs/Dragons have had for 7/8 years.

Players leaving for less money to play elsewhere and now moving forward are probs going having to pay way overs to lure talent. Like isnt that slap in the face.

Feels like 2012/2013 all over again.

Thank christ we got Lomax when we did like i doubt he would come here for 650k now if he had his time again.

Latest posts