What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Stevie

Bench
I can’t help but be upset. Anyone saying he ain’t that good surely isn’t judging a 19 year old yet are they?

f**k I am needing some good news stories. Im sick of constant getting smashed.

We have a very shit squad and seemingly no one wants to play here. It’s f**king upsetting tbh. Nothing short of mass signings can give me any interest and with our cap we seemingly won’t get anyone next year.

How the f**k is Ryles going to sign 10 off players before next year to be different to the shitheap we are today?

I’m shattered.

yy_cheng

Coach
Agree with Brown at 1.

Gutho isn't a hooker you need to make 40-50 tackles a game he doesn't have the body for it.
Though if he could he would be good at it..
yeah.. though he needs to be relieved possibly after 30 mins and then come back on at the end.

He is also good at supporting as he is always hanging around the ruck. He is very good at noticing lazy markers and goes for a run.

I really do wonder if he could cope defending 40 tackles as at FB, he is running everywhere from left to right. Right to left.

At hooker, he can also have a break when the opposition kicks as usually the halfback plays hooker for 3-4 plays when rucking it out

Delboy

First Grade
The main concern is now despite having a few million dollars to spend is when your clubs reputation is back to shit you have pay massive overs to sign any decent talent in the joint when your down the bottom.

We have found ourselves back into the situation the Tigers have found themselves for a decade and the Dogs/Dragons have had for 7/8 years.

Players leaving for less money to play elsewhere and now moving forward are probs going having to pay way overs to lure talent. Like isnt that slap in the face.

Feels like 2012/2013 all over again.

Thank christ we got Lomax when we did like i doubt he would come here for 650k now if he had his time again.
We signed a Tigers life member to an important position and what did we get, A tigers result, and has been in that position for what 7 years and it’s got worse each year.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I can’t help but be upset. Anyone saying he ain’t that good surely isn’t judging a 19 year old yet are they?

We have a very shit squad and seemingly no one wants to play here. It’s f**king upsetting tbh. Nothing short of mass signings can give me any interest and with our cap we seemingly won’t get anyone next year.

How the f**k is Ryles going to sign 10 off players before next year to be different to the shitheap we are today?

I’m shattered.
I'm not shattered we lost Blaize. I'm shattered I support a club that players don't want to play for.

yy_cheng

Coach

I’m shattered.
Funnily enough, I am not.

I was heaps more upset with Hayne, Semi and Judas leaving.

Blaize feels like a Krisnan Inu (as Avenger said) leaving. Yeah, wish he stayed but so be it.

ALX25

Bench
4 months ago on March 24th 2024 - Parra were promoting in the media our junior crop coming through would end the talk about how shit our pathways have been. And be the next generation of Eels.

The 7 players that were sprouted in this article 4 months later.
Sanders - Gone
Arthur - Gone
Talagi - On the cliff ready to walk
Lynn - ???
Penisini - Done his ACL
Tuivati - Yet to Debut
Guymer - Looks good after 2 FG games a shame he is out for the year.

What a Development club we truly are.

A disaster now.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The main concern is now despite having a few million dollars to spend is when your clubs reputation is back to shit you have pay massive overs to sign any decent talent in the joint when your down the bottom.

We have found ourselves back into the situation the Tigers have found themselves for a decade and the Dogs/Dragons have had for 7/8 years.

Players leaving for less money to play elsewhere and now moving forward are probs going having to pay way overs to lure talent. Like isnt that slap in the face.

Feels like 2012/2013 all over again.

Thank christ we got Lomax when we did like i doubt he would come here for 650k now if he had his time again.
It's never as bad or as good as it seems....

We will be ok.....

yy_cheng

Coach
We signed all the old forwards as they were just a little past their prime then but probably good enough for 2 years. It was a bet for the 2 year window to jag a premiership after 2022.

The bet failed (gamble responsibly) and BA not really giving any young forwards a run but rather signing older hacks like Hodgo, Davey, et al. has led us to this old forward pack with no quality backs