What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels4life87

Juniors
Why? The entire bullshit saga about who is coaching would’ve been unresolved until well into the off-season. It would’ve been destabilising.

Arthur is the most tenured coach in our club’s history. If he couldn’t see after a decade that he wasn’t going to jag us a premiership, then he’s slower on the uptake than 99% of Eels fans. And the board, frankly. He should’ve been pissed off halfway through 2018. Mid-2024 gave him an extra six years of head coach salary. His actions since being sacked do not suggest a man who gives a f**k about the club or its fans or players.
How do you equate someone talking in the media about being grateful for his time that he spent at the eels and then going quietly without shit talking anyone for sacking him with “his actions since do not suggest a man who gives a f**k”

EelEtric

Juniors
You obviously didn’t read it so 🤷🏻‍♀️
That article is years old so I didn't need to read it today.

Arthur and O'Neills differences in opinion were all about find a marquee player we could afford. Not getting journeymen from the scrap heap because O'Neill put his foot down.

If you think the Head Coach just gets given a bunch of players to coach then I kindly suggest you do some more research. This isn't under 6's we are talking about.

DaveMc

Juniors
How do you equate someone talking in the media about being grateful for his time that he spent at the eels and then going quietly without shit talking anyone for sacking him with “his actions since do not suggest a man who gives a f**k”
I dunno, in my world, actions speak louder than words. His son f**king off in the blink of an eye after dad was gone speaks louder than “I’m grateful to the club”. Plus there was that stuff Troy said about Arthur shit-canning the club when he spoke to him.

eels4life87

Juniors
I dunno, in my world, actions speak louder than words. His son f**king off in the blink of an eye after dad was gone speaks louder than “I’m grateful to the club”. Plus there was that stuff Troy said about Arthur shit-canning the club when he spoke to him.
Lmfao how many decisions do you make for your grown adult children?

eels4life87

Juniors
You’re actually mental lol. You think BA being sacked has nothing to do with Matt leaving? Or him likely going to play under his godfather at Newcastle, with BA being rumoured to follow as an assistant?

Are you Brad’s mum or wife or something?
Nope. I genuinely think it had to do with BA leaving. Matt probably didn’t appreciate the treatment his father and brother were given by the club. Doesn’t mean Brad himself had anything to do with the decision though. That’s just conspiracy theory territory

eels4life87

Juniors
That you think BA having influence over his young son deciding to leave the club is a conspiracy theory shows an utter lack of intelligence or an unrealistic hero-worshiping of Arthur. Or a combination of the two.
Already said I think Matt decided to leave because of BA being sacked. You’re the one that went into conspiracy theory territory by pretty much suggesting Brad told him to

Delboy

First Grade
I don’t want to fall into the post hoc, ergo propter hoc fallacy, but what’s happened after Arthur being sacked seems to have confirmed the nepotism accusations. Matt wanting to piss off immediately goes to show how much “BA loves the club” stuff only held whilst ever he had personal skin in the game - if he gave a shit, he’d have told his son that it was worth sticking around. How is it possible that the only young(ish) batch of local juniors currently playing first grade are Rhinos? It all adds up.
Talagi is a Cabra player and Sanders is a long time Hills junior, Tuavati is Wenty, Guymer is St Greg’s college, sweeping and untrue statement 5hzt any club having a leg up for a few years.

DaveMc

Juniors
Talagi is a Cabra player and Sanders is a long time Hills junior, Tuavati is Wenty, Guymer is St Greg’s college, sweeping and untrue statement 5hzt any club having a leg up for a few years.
Who’s left, mate? Who were the juniors actually signed to longer term contracts who are (semi-)established as first graders?

Latest posts