What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Translated: Ryles happy to flush the Arthur’s out. Club on board.
I think so. Don't forget, he probably didn't have a top thirty contract for next year, so the club would've made him an offer. I suspect it wasn't as good as the offers he's getting from elsewhere.

lucablight

First Grade
This is the thing. We couldn’t fit Sanders into the team. We could fit Talagi in at centre (with Lomax on the wing) but he wants to play in the spine and get paid accordingly. Sure we could’ve put him at fullback but we are already paying Gutherson as a fullback. Moving him to centre doesn’t change that. How much can we afford to pay a second fullback with one already on the books?

The only merkin who’s leaving that we definitely could’ve used next year is Matt Arthur. There would be money for an upgrade, since Lussick and Hands would be cheap. In any case, Arthur was already contracted for next year.
I don’t agree with everything you say but I respect the fact that you’re looking at the data over dogma in this instance. Yes we have lost a lot of juniors but you could easily give good reasons as to why. I wouldn’t even consider someone like Sanders a loss with Moses on the books. I was really happy at the time with Matterson, Brown, Lane, Paulo and RCG being re-signed and even said the club had done really well to retain so many of our good players. Unfortunately it didn’t work out for various reasons so let’s not all judge with 20/20 hindsight. If Talagi wants to play 6 with Cleary taking the lead in a strong team instead of being in the spotlight at fullback for a struggling team like ours then there’s not much we could have done. He’s not getting fullback money as a centre and he’s not playing 6 for Parramatta ahead of Brown. Time will tell whether losing Talagi is a huge blow or a blessing in disguise.

hindy111

Post Whore
Nope. I genuinely think it had to do with BA leaving. Matt probably didn’t appreciate the treatment his father and brother were given by the club. Doesn’t mean Brad himself had anything to do with the decision though. That’s just conspiracy theory territory

Was JA treated poorly? He got to play in a grand final. The kids a park level footballer. And his dad has 10mill in his pocket

Eelementary

Post Whore
If true $525k for a kid that's played 13 games is a pretty good offer. FFS Lomax is on only $175k more which is only $80k after tax. Not enough to even buy one f**king bitcoin.

Yeah, I don't think we can be too hard on the club for Talagi's departure - we certainly made him a good offer.

He just doesn't have the desire to work hard, and help turn the club around, and instead wants to get handed an easy Premiership.

Which makes sense, I guess.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nope. I genuinely think it had to do with BA leaving. Matt probably didn’t appreciate the treatment his father and brother were given by the club. Doesn’t mean Brad himself had anything to do with the decision though. That’s just conspiracy theory territory

im going to burst your bubble here…

are you ready?

the decision for Matt to ask for a release wasn’t made by him or our club.

just Putting this to bed now.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Is it true you have at least 5 players including brown and Moses with exit clauses in there contracts if true you should direct your anger at management as you may lose many more players

hey muzz hope life’s treating you well….

um, we’ve been on those clowns since the year dot….you’re preaching to the preached.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Is it true you have at least 5 players including brown and Moses with exit clauses in there contracts if true you should direct your anger at management as you may lose many more players

The club is an absolute shambles.

They keep telling us in our Member communications that they want to emulate what Penrith have been doing, and become a powerhouse.

Well, when are you starting, Parramatta?

Because, honestly - it's getting to the point where it's behind a joke, now.

Murraymob1

Juniors
H
hey muzz hope life’s treating you well….

um, we’ve been on those clowns since the year dot….you’re preaching to the preached.
Hey buddy one of the downsides of Penrith winning the last few years has been the money I have sunk into memorabilia like the sucker supporter most of us are .From the official signed jerseys to banners to cards shirts .I am just a poor supporter like Hindy my fellow Panthers supporter

Gherkin

Juniors
We need to look at how clubs like Penrith convinced Luai and Martin to hang around in reserve grade, Storm have done it with Faalogo, Broncos with Mozer. It can't just be money. Very few players are ready to be consistent 1st graders at 19, so we need to figure how to keep them at the club until they are.
Are these clubs offering more off field opportunities, better facilities, a better chance at success, better coaching? Is it just the player managers that our players happen to have? Whatever it is we aren't doing it well so we need to figure it out.

Latest posts