What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I reckon, Field asked a few weeks back for an upgrade...we said no...

Then with the eels being ripped apart in the media in the last 24hrs, he thought it was a good opportunity to force the issue, put some pressure on us....so he picks up the phone to Buzz.......gets the desired response...more uproar.....he is now hoping eels back down....

On the other hand, coaches don’t just get to pick whatever squad they want like in NRL Fantasy. There’s a multitude of factors that determine how close the squad gets to what the coach wants, and a major factor is the state of the player market, which is completely out of the coach’s hands.
Yep, it's easy to say "give a coach a few years to build the team he wants" but the one he can assemble and the one he actually wants are for most clubs in most ears, 2 totally different teams for all the reasons you outline above.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's the point sign them up early ffs the dogs have done it 🤔
It’s easy to sign them up when no other club rates them. Talagi and Sanders have been junior stars for years. Mitchell Woods isn’t even in the same league. By which I mean reserve grade. It would be like us locking Josh Lynn down long term. Pretty easy to do, but we don’t know if he’ll ever be ready for first grade. At least he’s played some reserve grade though, unlike Woods.
f**k me dead back to ignore you go
Bye again

JokerEel

Coach
It’s easy to sign them up when no other club rates them. Talagi and Sanders have been junior stars for years. Mitchell Woods isn’t even in the same league. By which I mean reserve grade. It would be like us locking Josh Lynn down long term. Pretty easy to do, but we don’t know if he’ll ever be ready for first grade. At least he’s played some reserve grade though, unlike Woods.

Your a f**king idiot Google Mitchel woods.

The Predictor

Juniors
Brad wanted to live his dreams through his son, because he never made it, hence fking his career irreversible….end of story….and to Eel47 whoever the fk u are , u are a stain on this sight at least Pou on occasion says something sensible

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Playing devils advocate here but I reckon BA has plenty to answer here. Seriously what the f**k was he thinking advocating that the kid was our future long term fullback. Everyone could see that it wasn't his position. Been a centre or 6 his whole junior career. Gould said months ago that he wasn't a fullback. You reckon he will play at 1 at Penrith. Not a f**king chance. Cleary isn't f**king stupid.
Long term, fullback was the only way to fit him into the spine. It looks like they’ll never move Dylan Brown, and to be fair, his defence in the line would be missed at fullback.

Incorrect

Coach
Without the PO he would still be off contract.
But isn't the difference that if there was no PO for 2025 and just a normal contract, other clubs wouldn't have been allowed to make approaches to him until Nov 1 this year? Instead, the terms of the PO in this case allowed him to opt out of his option earlier in the year, after he had made his debut and looked decent, and so it became a free for all. A normal contract would have given the club the luxury of being able to upgrade/extend him based on his promising first grade performances without having to compete with other clubs...