What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes we do. If we had the right people in the retain and retention side of things we could sign quality players that other sides end up signing. So yeah if you're worth your paycheque as HOF then you can influence the quality of players other clubs put together.
We sign some of them, e.g. Lomax. It's not a secret who the good players are ffs. The problem is some clubs get them cheaper (under the cap) than everyone else, which means they can fit more quality players under the cap. It's the accounting that separates the top clubs from the rest, not talent identification. The 'right people' have ways of getting players to agree to cheaper deals (under the cap anyway).

Pazza

First Grade
But not with the same advantages. You can't honestly pretend it's a level playing field when the same clubs are near the top every year.

Of course not, the best teams find competitive advantage within or close to wat the rules allow.

I just wanna talk about how we can get to the level of say a Melbourne or Penrith.

Pazza

First Grade
We sign some of them, e.g. Lomax. It's not a secret who the good players are ffs. The problem is some clubs get them cheaper (under the cap) than everyone else, which means they can fit more quality players under the cap. It's the accounting that separates the top clubs from the rest, not talent identification. The 'right people' have ways of getting players to agree to cheaper deals (under the cap anyway).

I saw a podcast where Billy slater said Melbourne were his only offer. Player indenification and retention is everything. Penrith have built their roster on it, Melbourne has, Manly in the naughties. The only club that can consistently sign stars on unders are the roosters

Soto

Bench
You watch his presser.

Effort was there but played dumb.

I swear I heard the same shit 120 times at Parramatta.
I'm guilty your honour.. i watched it.
.I was hoping and waiting for front load, chase the collision...he even said at one stage I need to learn the rules..

Latest posts