What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, he was better than Russell when he was at Canterbury.
He played fewer games and scored fewer tries than Russell. But he was always known for his speed. Anyway it’s early days for Sean Russell. He will become a sold first grader, which would describe Meaney when he leaves Melbourne.

Soto

Bench
Haha.

How many backroom staff/potential threats did BA have a falling out with over his tenure.

Justin Holbrook, Mick Potter, Daniel Anderson, Mark O"Neill, Nathan Brown all left or had massive conflicts with.

I sense a pattern emerging here and it doesn't paint that fraud currently in Leeds in a good light.

Makes you realise when the same individual continually clashes with different people maybe there the problem.
Don't call him a fraud, you might upset some people who staunchly believe he isn't...I vehemently disagree with them

Avenger

Immortal
Haha.

How many backroom staff/potential threats did BA have a falling out with over his tenure.

Justin Holbrook, Mick Potter, Daniel Anderson, Mark O"Neill, Nathan Brown all left or had massive conflicts with.

I sense a pattern emerging here and it doesn't paint that fraud currently in Leeds in a good light.

Makes you realise when the same individual continually clashes with different people maybe there the problem.
Of course he was the problem. Massive f**kwit. The best year he ever had was when he had another experienced NRL coach as his assistant and then he left? Why I wonder ?

Soto

Bench
Of course he was the problem. Massive f**kwit. The best year he ever had was when he had another experienced NRL coach as his assistant and then he left? Why I wonder ?
Wasn't Ryan Carr the assistant in 2022? In any case all the blokes mentioned above better and smarter coaches...best thing to do is remove your threat...all coming out now...my goodness talk about milking it...we fans were dudded big time

King-Gutho94

Coach
Don't call him a fraud, you might upset some people who staunchly believe he isn't...I vehemently disagree with them
Yeah well i couldnt give a stuff BA for all his work and reputation has undid it all with the final few years he has stunk up the joint.

I don't think he was an arrogant prick when he started.

I reckon post 2017 and once he realised he could get his sons through the door the arrogance & stubbornness started to show. He felt bulletproof and entitled that the job was his for life.

Like under-preparing the team in 2018 and signing questionable characters in Tony Williams and Jarryd Hayne. We were close to premiership favourites and finished with a spoon.

I remember wise words someone said to me at my old job back in 2020 about BA when we faded into the semis and went out in straight sets.

He might be good man-manager but he doesn't have the smarts to win a premiership.

He said in Melbourne Cup terms he looks he trains you well at the start but the last 100m he just doesn't have it in him to kick you home.

I reckon every season under BA bar 2016 we had a capitulation - 2014 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023 we conceded 50+ Pts on 1 occasion.
2015 - we lost a game at home leading 30-6 with 20 mins to go.
2017 - We lost to a bottom placed Newcastle who hadn't won an away game in 3 years while were fighting for a top 4 spot.
2020 - Souths put us to the sword 38-0 at home - 3 weeks from the semis when were running equal 2nd at the time.
2022 - Not just beaten but got walloped by the Bulldogs 34-4 who were dead last and sacked there coach 3 weeks earlier. It cost us a Top 2 spot.
2024 - Dolphins, Canberra, Melbourne losses take your pick.

Premiership sides dont lose like that. We had 1 or 2 every year

The Predictor

Juniors
I’m going to my first Parra game in 18 months, since not renewing up my membership, for whatever reason I think they can beat the panfers, that would the Eels to a T

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah well i couldnt give a stuff BA for all his work and reputation has undid it all with the final few years he has stunk up the joint.

I don't think he was an arrogant prick when he started.

I reckon post 2017 and once he realised he could get his sons through the door the arrogance & stubbornness started to show. He felt bulletproof and entitled that the job was his for life.

Like under-preparing the team in 2018 and signing questionable characters in Tony Williams and Jarryd Hayne. We were close to premiership favourites and finished with a spoon.

I remember wise words someone said to me at my old job back in 2020 about BA when we faded into the semis and went out in straight sets.

He might be good man-manager but he doesn't have the smarts to win a premiership.

He said in Melbourne Cup terms he looks he trains you well at the start but the last 100m he just doesn't have it in him to kick you home.

I reckon every season under BA bar 2016 we had a capitulation - 2014 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023 we conceded 50+ Pts on 1 occasion.
2015 - we lost a game at home leading 30-6 with 20 mins to go.
2017 - We lost to a bottom placed Newcastle who hadn't won an away game in 3 years while were fighting for a top 4 spot.
2020 - Souths put us to the sword 38-0 at home - 3 weeks from the semis when were running equal 2nd at the time.
2022 - Not just beaten but got walloped by the Bulldogs 34-4 who were dead last and sacked there coach 3 weeks earlier. It cost us a Top 2 spot.
2024 - Dolphins, Canberra, Melbourne losses take your pick.

Premiership sides dont lose like that. We had 1 or 2 every year
We also had plenty of performances like those before he joined. It says more about our recruitment/retention power than anything about coaching. As you say, we didn’t capitulate in 2016. The only year we had a squad as strong as anyone else. Unfortunately we got caught and have never again had the same salary cap ‘advantages’.