What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lucablight

First Grade
It’ll be to free up cap space for 2026.
So clear up cap space and hope better replacements are available in 2026? That could work or it could end up being a complete disaster as well. The last time we had a clean out of underperforming players and didn’t replace them adequately (in 2010 with the likes of Inu and Mateo) it set up back almost 6 years.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Haha.

How many backroom staff/potential threats did BA have a falling out with over his tenure.

Justin Holbrook, Mick Potter, Daniel Anderson, Mark O"Neill, Nathan Brown all left or had massive conflicts with.

I sense a pattern emerging here and it doesn't paint that fraud currently in Leeds in a good light.

Makes you realise when the same individual continually clashes with different people maybe there the problem.
We wasted 11 years on him, this club totally deserves where it is ATM. The positive is the Nepo Gnome is finally gone and Ryles has already gone about removing his stain from the club. We just need MON to have an accident with a runway trolley.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Better clubs than ours have significant turnover in the coaching staff.
basketball spinning GIF by NBA

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We also had plenty of performances like those before he joined. It says more about our recruitment/retention power than anything about coaching. As you say, we didn’t capitulate in 2016. The only year we had a squad as strong as anyone else. Unfortunately we got caught and have never again had the same salary cap ‘advantages’.
handicapped loop GIF

Eelementary

Post Whore
Also while I am here, whats the consensus on Apa Twidle on here? He's been my favourite junior for the past few years, and although he hasn't played cup yet (more so due to his lack of size), he has the skill, and the raw pace to be a successful NRL player.

He's one of the reasons I'm not that sad to see Talagi go, tbh.

Talagi has power - Twiddle has speed, and skill, which I think are more valuable in the modern game.

Not that I think Talagi is a bad player at all, but I think Api will be a better fit for us.