What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Pazza

First Grade
Have a look at some of the backups who have made NRL appearances for these teams. McLean was garbage for Penrith last night, while the Storm have had 7 games from Bradley and Garlick. Ethan King and Zach Dockar-Clay have played first grade for the Roosters this year. All nuffies.

im not saying every player in the top squads are stars but to state that not having a complete top 30 isnt a big deal is just flat wrong. in round 19 we had two RMC and three flegg eligible players in our best available 17. The flegg boys have talent but guymer is prob the only one FG ready. the RMC players are the definition of tail of the bell curve.

now obvioulsly injury to moses, hopgood, Paulo, Sivo etc has really hammered this season but the depth behind them is just not up to standard. To act like players 25 - 30 on the roster dont matter, i just dont agree with that.

hindy111

Post Whore
Have a look at some of the backups who have made NRL appearances for these teams. McLean was garbage for Penrith last night, while the Storm have had 7 games from Bradley and Garlick. Ethan King and Zach Dockar-Clay have played first grade for the Roosters this year. All nuffies.

Casey is going to be special imo.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
im not saying every player in the top squads are stars but to state that not having a complete top 30 isnt a big deal is just flat wrong. in round 19 we had two RMC and three flegg eligible players in our best available 17. The flegg boys have talent but guymer is prob the only one FG ready. the RMC players are the definition of tail of the bell curve.

now obvioulsly injury to moses, hopgood, Paulo, Sivo etc has really hammered this season but the depth behind them is just not up to standard. To act like players 25 - 30 on the roster dont matter, i just dont agree with that.
The Roosters have only used 26 players and one of them is Ethan King. Is he really better than Lorenzo Mulitalo? Another of their top 26 players is ZDC. He is without a contract for next year while Ethan Sanders will certainly be in Canberra's top 30, and Matt Arthur will probably be top 30 wherever he ends up. He has been at least as good as Dockar-Clay this year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Casey is going to be special imo.
I'm sure he will, but at the moment he is garbage yet still one of the 32 players Penrith have used in first grade this year. They picked him over Kepaoa and Peachey who are both in the top 30. It proves that top 30 players aren't automatically better than the players outside it. At the bottom of the top 30 they are no better than plenty of players without top 30 contracts, like McLean.

Last edited:

Pazza

First Grade
The Roosters have only used 26 players and one of them is Ethan King. Is he really better than Lorenzo Mulitalo? Another of their top 26 players is ZDC. He is without a contract for next year while Ethan Sanders will certainly be in Canberra's top 30, and Matt Arthur will probably be top 30 wherever he ends up. He has been at least as good as Dockar-Clay this year.

these roosters players have played 43 minutes between them in 2024

Wally21

Bench
As I pointed out in another thread we where missing 2-3 players who make a huge difference in Moses, Hopgood and Jnr.
Sivo,Simmonson yeah they improve us a bit. Not a whole lot.
Kelma yeah again little.
They look had 5 of their top 17 out in Almoti,Edwards,JFH,Garner and Sorrenson who lasted 8 mins. But we matched them. I dont think they where at best but at sametime we had a good attitude. Amd had a dig

We choked simple. But a possitive is we have been in every game just about since BARRETT took over. Are we as far away as we feel? I don't think so.
I felt we where more like a 2026 side but I've seen enough to suggest adding Lomax and perhaps Guymer and Brazel coming good and we could be back in the finals.
I'd like another back and would love to see how B.Hands goes under a good forward pack. He is getting better and better.
We didn’t choke, rewatch the last 3 tries. None of them would have been given if it was us who scored them.