What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Because he's on $800k for 2 more seasons, he wants to play at the Roosters, but will play for Flanno for more, supposedly $900k...

That suggests we'd need $1m a season if we're interested
Presumably Cows definitely don’t want him beyond that 2 years, so if he stays his contract value will plummet.
It’s also likely he’ll receive a payout if he leaves Cows now. Certainly not $1.6m but likely enough to allow leeway in a new clubs contract.
In fact I highly doubt whoever signs him is going to be paying him $800k/yr. What will happen is they’ll be paying him for longer than 2 years. Holmes will back himself to stay relevant for a few more years and maybe transition that $1.6m over 2 years into maybe $2.4m over 4 years say.

Chipmunk

Coach
Presumably Cows definitely don’t want him beyond that 2 years, so if he stays his contract value will plummet.
It’s also likely he’ll receive a payout if he leaves Cows now. Certainly not $1.6m but likely enough to allow leeway in a new clubs contract.
In fact I highly doubt whoever signs him is going to be paying him $800k/yr. What will happen is they’ll be paying him for longer than 2 years. Holmes will back himself to stay relevant for a few more years and maybe transition that $1.6m over 2 years into maybe $2.4m over 4 years say.
All sounds like wishful thinking to me.

JokerEel

Coach
He's already on $800k per year, he's the one who asked to speak to other clubs. Reports have indicated the Dragons will pay him $900k a season.

Cows said he could so they can gauge if he is still worth the coin .

Like I said no one is paying him 800k anymore at 30

Eelogical

Referee
Cowpats are releasing him for a reason, he's 29 and seems to have lost a bit of pace. I'm surprised Ryles is chasing him unless we can get him on the cheap and short term, say 2 years and no POs.

I'd rather we were chasing 20 year olds with the potential to develop.
That should be left in Dylbags hands.

The Colonel

Immortal
Jack Henthrington for 250k would be ok. Not more.
We need to hope Guymer,Brazel,Tuvati come good. I think W.Latu is a smokie also.
Matalele has probably missed the boat.But considering injuries this year I'd give him 1 more season to maybe come good
Brazel and Guymer are both hard working and have the speed we lack as a lot of their early career was played in the centres. I think Latu is similar. Tuivaiti is an interesting one - shows potential but still needs some development. PVL ball is very similar to what was happening in 2000 & 2001 - mobility was the key across the park.

hindy111

Post Whore
Brazel and Guymer are both hard working and have the speed we lack as a lot of their early career was played in the centres. I think Latu is similar. Tuivaiti is an interesting one - shows potential but still needs some development. PVL ball is very similar to what was happening in 2000 & 2001 - mobility was the key across the park.

What about Pryke and Parker? Parker seems to pump out huge numbers.

The Colonel

Immortal
What about Pryke and Parker? Parker seems to pump out huge numbers.

Probably need to talk with Ryles about that one but they would appear to fill the mould of player that is becoming more prevalent at the top clubs. Provided we can hold on to and develop them who knows. Given the people running the show at the moment sit on their hands for most of the season we can only hope I guess.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Tuivaiti (only 19 this year) is 2 years younger than Brazel/Latu (21 this year).

Guymer is 20 this year, he didn't play NSW cup last year, and only moved up to flegg after SG ball was over. Tuivaiti skipped ball this year...so potentially is on a similar career path to Guymer...youngsters can develop pretty quickly after a full nrl offseason....or 2..

oldmancraigy

Coach
no one is paying him 800k anymore at 30

I mean... come on!
The Cowboys are literally paying him 800k at 30 UNLESS he accepts less.

Rumours suggets they like RCG - straight swap of Holmes for RCG (both allegedly paid the same) improves our squad balance quite a bit. One old highly paid guy for another. Holmes is still fast, and still a first 17 QLD Origin guy.

More than a small upgrade over Dunster or Simmo or Tago(!) in my humble opinion.....

Pazza

First Grade
Tuivaiti (only 19 this year) is 2 years younger than Brazel/Latu (21 this year).

Guymer is 20 this year, he didn't play NSW cup last year, and only moved up to flegg after SG ball was over. Tuivaiti skipped ball this year...so potentially is on a similar career path to Guymer...youngsters can develop pretty quickly after a full nrl offseason....or 2..

Sam T is top 30 next year???

The Colonel

Immortal
I mean... come on!

Rumours suggets they like RCG - straight swap of Holmes for RCG (both allegedly paid the same) improves our squad balance quite a bit. One old highly paid guy for another. Holmes is still fast, and still a first 17 QLD Origin guy.

More than a small upgrade over Dunster or Simmo or Tago(!) in my humble opinion.....
There was a suggestion that the Cowboys were interested in Sivo as well. Hasn't Holmes agreed to stay in Nth Qld though?

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Saxon Pryke has decent wraps.

Gronk

Staff member
I mean... come on!

Has merit.

Latest posts