What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
They're more than 2 wins ahead of the team running 9th, so they'll make the Top 8 pretty easily, even after having 6 players out with Origin.

We'll run either last or one better.

if we dont replace RCG with a better option for next season, I can't see our position improving.
I guess it depends on the style Ryles wants them playing.
Defence is the key regardless and dogs have shown how extremely important it is. Not the best team but all have bought in.
Most of us were laughing with the 17 utilities they purchased...no denying they have picked up international and origin class players in Kikau, Ado Carr, Crichton, Burton, Mahoney.
Future rep players in Preston and possibly Kiraz.
BUT they are super fit and tenacious in defence

TheRam

Coach
Just watched his highlights, all I can say is wow.

Yep, but we are all getting excited over players that haven't shown anywhere near the same level of talent as he has in our lower grades.
Not saying that we don't have talented juniors or that they won't make it, but when you see a player like Connor carving it up so much and you feel that if you approached him in the right way and sold him a dream and a lot of love, while the Knights are flush for fullbacks and have cap issues to boot, well the odds are pretty good that you might just pick up a freakin great prospect that may turn out to be a bloody good if not great NRL player. Yes?

Soto

Bench
That may be the case, but you don't sell RCG and keep Paulo and Greig if that is your plan.
I reckon if these players were fit we probably have won at least another 3-4 games.
Well Greig's been told he can go too.
Paulo may be kept on for experience...Not sure.
The club also needs to plan for longer term too now as the expansion clubs come into the comp in 2027...
So 3-4 year contracts may be very important from this yr onwards to have them under lock and key most of the time...note...we know contracts aren't worth paper they are written on 🤭

Chipmunk

Coach
Probably easier to get rid of Reg if Barlow has more years left on his contract.

Greig is supposed to have been to he can go but no club will want him

I reckon if these players were fit we probably have won at least another 3-4 games.
The club also needs to plan for longer term too now as the expansion clubs come into the comp in 2027...
So 3-4 year contracts may be very important from this yr onwards to have them under lock and key most of the time...note...we know contracts aren't worth paper they are written on 🤭
If Paulo and Greig play any more than 20 minutes a game, and are on the field at the same time, then neither our defence, nor position on the ladder, will improve next season.

RCG simply needs to be replaced with a better option.

Personally I think we're cutting our nose off to spite our face

JokerEel

Coach
If Paulo and Greig play any more than 20 minutes a game, and are on the field at the same time, then neither our defence, nor position on the ladder, will improve next season.

Well I also don't think Regs defense has been very good this year either.

Like I said REG and Greig have been told they can go a year early Barlow has another 2 seasons left so it's probably easier to get them of the books as opposed to Barlow for 2025.

All 3 should not even be here now and it has been poor managing player roster.

King-Gutho94

Coach

I have a theory behind RCG being moved on before the others and its simply because i reckon he was seen as a BA disciple.

Remember when he came out and said he would die for BA earlier this year after the Darwin debacle.

It was a dumb comment really when the writing was on the wall.

Just my gut feeling is why he may be moved on so Ryles has clear air without any disgruntlement.

Its probably why Gutho may be pushed out as well.

Ryles is cleaning out anyone who was seen as BA-players & who were seen as close confidants to him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Completely different types of players. Tupou has a lot of potential but never realised it. Tupou also has shocking hands. Skelton will be much better for starting sets. Skelton is also costing us one third of what Tupou costs us let alone what Dolphins are paying
To be fair, I agree Skelton won’t be costing you much. But that’s because he has huge weaknesses in his game. He certainly can run the ball though.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Remember you can talk to any player at any time, you just can't make a formal offer till the Nov 1st date before their last contracted year. But I don't think we are that type of savvy club.
We don’t even need to be a savvy club to receive offers from players, we just need cap space. Don’t forget we got Lomax to break his contract. These merkins have savvy managers who are always on the phone to rival clubs sniffing for more cash.

hindy111

Post Whore

From what I've heard Jnr is a lovely person. Very friendly etc. The best in our squad

Gronk

Staff member
Connor Votano from the Knights. He is a gun coming through and only 18 years old. We can offer him a contract from Nov 1st this year. He is a fullback but can play anywhere in the backline. So if Gutho still merits selection I would give this guy a wing or centre position to start with and the fullback role in a couple of years when Gutho's contract ends.

If you haven't seen his highlights youtube video that I have posted on here a few times I suggest you do. He is a ballplaying fullback with real skills, size and speed, may even end up at 5/8th. A real footballer. His progression maybe blocked a little since the Knights have Ponga and now Smith on their books so if we court him right and sell him a dream(and the right amount of money of course) then it maybe possible to snatch him from the knights. Remember the Knights are having salary cap issues at present, so if we make it known to his manager that we are interested in him now we could then strike straight away from 1st November. Remember you can talk to any player at any time, you just can't make a formal offer till the Nov 1st date before their last contracted year. But I don't think we are that type of savvy club.

You've got one right under your nose, I reckon.

gaffer

Juniors
Well I also don't think Regs defense has been very good this year either.

Like I said REG and Greig have been told they can go a year early Barlow has another 2 seasons left so it's probably easier to get them of the books as opposed to Barlow for 2025.

All 3 should not even be here now and it has been poor managing player roster.
fill Paulo up with pies and all that good shit and when he's a big fat overweight rolly polly we can medical him off

Latest posts