What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

oldmancraigy

Coach
Galvin is a class player. If the Tigers are still struggling in a couple of seasons, he will be in massive demand if he keeps developing as a half. Bears would love to add him to their inaugural roster I would think.

He was an Eels fan growing up - let the Bears (and BA) have Dylbags, and we'll bring Galvin "home"

Tiger5150

Bench
He was an Eels fan growing up - let the Bears (and BA) have Dylbags, and we'll bring Galvin "home"
bait.gif

TheRam

Coach

Yeah I know, we cut him and he went to the Tigers. But he is a big boy and in 3-4 years time he may end up filling out to much and move into the forwards(lock position).

But if not, I would be looking at replacing Moses who would be nearing the end of his career, that is if he hasn't already left us by then.

We just don't seem to know who to keep and who to let go most of the time do we?

Jeez I wish we could get that part of the clubs structure sorted out. We wouldn't be in this predicament on or off the field if we did.

Delboy

First Grade
Yeah I know, we cut him and he went to the Tigers. But he is a big boy and in 3-4 years time he may end up filling out to much and move into the forwards(lock position).

But if not, I would be looking at replacing Moses who would be nearing the end of his career, that is if he hasn't already left us by then.

We just don't seem to know who to keep and who to let go most of the time do we?

Jeez I wish we could get that part of the clubs structure sorted out. We wouldn't be in this predicament on or off the field if we did.
Looking at the improvement of results and recruitment at junior rep level over the past couple of years, we really need the progression to NRL and NRL recruitment sorted out and reaching a level of our contemporaries.

Through my career the bare minimum requirement was performance had to be in the top quartile of the industry. Not sure we’ve been there for far too long.

Delboy

First Grade
The Tele published the top 50 young players, any further proof of our reliance on experienced journeymen is starkly there. Eels have 2 players in the list. Talagi is there and gone, Penisini is the only other one and he’s in the 40s below Blaize. There’s a few others that played in our juniors on the list but are at other clubs.

Another example of some wasted years in retention and recruitment.

Latest posts