What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Obviously early days, though I’m curious an a little concerned how “desirable” potential signings view being coached by JR being a rookie coach, time will tell I guess, we’ve done lots of tapping on shoulders without much talk of potential signings?
We can't talk to these potential signings until the first of November.

Stevie

Bench
Everything i am hearing about Ryles just behind the scenes atm is very good & refreshing seems very switched on.

Sounds like we have poached one of the best young coaches in the market.

I am surprised considering when he played i thought he was over-rated and an idiot in a similar ilk to Braith Anasta in that era.

May be a few bumps in 2025 but i reckon after that 2026 and beyond things will look up similar to Ciraldo at the Dogs.
Refreshing to hear. Can you please expand on what you are hearing mate?

Avenger

Immortal
Everything i am hearing about Ryles just behind the scenes atm is very good & refreshing seems very switched on.

Sounds like we have poached one of the best young coaches in the market.

I am surprised considering when he played i thought he was over-rated and an idiot in a similar ilk to Braith Anasta in that era.

May be a few bumps in 2025 but i reckon after that 2026 and beyond things will look up similar to Ciraldo at the Dogs.
One of my guys here went to a charity event with Paulo and Joffa. They said they couldn’t wait for this season to end and are very excited with what Ryles is doing for next season. They are very impressed thus far.

The Colonel

Immortal
the positive about Reg maybe going is that we've seen a few middles come onto the market as options and I dare say there might be more, blokes like Horsborough, Saifiti, Guler, Lawrie and NAS come to mind.

Underwhelming list outside of Guler maybe. The others are slow, over weight with little to no lateral movement and regularly exposed around the ruck by quicker players..... pretty much what we have now.

The Colonel

Immortal
Yep, the game as it atm doesn’t really suit any of them. We have enough of those.
Can shuffle the deck only so much but if you keep playing the same shit cards the result isn't going to change a whole lot. The only difference being is that as far as opportunity goes we would be paying less presumably for players which will keep Tweedledum and Tweedledee happy in terms of balancing the books.

EppingEel

Juniors
Matterson has no takers and has apparently exercised his option.
Dont know how I feel about that. He's a good player, but he doesn't have any passion when he plays and he's probably on good coin as well. I guess it's good news, as there's very few good middles available.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We do have a group of young promising forwards, Guymer, Parker, Brazel, Pryke, Tuivaiti, Mataele, Latu. Plus the older ones, Keir who is pretty good defensively and Moretti who needs to get fitter.

is it possible Ryles isnt planning to really recruit any replacements but going to promote from within?

off course most of those players won't have much of a career but we only need 2-3 players to kick on, and we have suddenly changed our pack from old to fairly young. And we still have a bit of experience here to help these rookies.

And with that we free up cap space and balance of the squad (not spending so much on forwards)

King-Gutho94

Coach
Matterson has no takers and has apparently exercised his option.
Sad thing for Matto is he is one concussion away from being out for long-term again.

No one's going to be willing to take that risk.

The knock he copped at the Broncos game was very light and he had headaches for a month over it.

We just have to wear it and hope he stays on the park for 80-85% of the season

Latest posts