What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
You make logical sense but you forget the overriding principle - protect and justify BA at all costs.
Leeds under BA - L,W,L,W,L

Sounds familiar like the Jekyll and Hyde shit we produced for 11 years.

His 2 min presser this morning he mentioned.

Happy with effort getting beat 24-6, we brought physicality, played better then last week when we won.

We got detail things wrong under fatigue.

Sounds like the same dribble being spewed out just in another hemisphere.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Leeds under BA - L,W,L,W,L

Sounds familiar like the Jekyll and Hyde shit we produced for 11 years.

His 2 min presser this morning he mentioned.

Happy with effort getting beat 24-6, we brought physicality, played better then last week when we won.

We got detail things wrong under fatigue.

Sounds like the same dribble being spewed out just in another hemisphere.
They just played two better teams for a win and a loss. They’re doing fine. But he can’t come out and say the opposition were just better. He needs to focus on what they can control, things like effort areas and attention to detail.

Pazza

First Grade
Look at their forwards from yesterday, it's not that they are the fittest, it's that they only had 2 forwards that were 110 kg plus (we had 5 or so on Friday), and one was an edge, so he gets to rest. Most of their pack are around 100 kg, it's light, no wonder they are fitter...more mobile

BTW it's good coaching / planning by Gus/cc to get that pack

I think their pack is too light weight, but they definately had a better understanding of the direction (earlier) of the game than our mob did.

I'll give us credit in the fact there are plenty of young worker type forwards coming through atm spear headed by guymer.

Legal Eel

Juniors
f**king please. A handful of fringe Origin players against the star studded lineups of Easts, Melbourne and Penrith.
Which explains the dogs situation now - and in a relative year one (similar to our 2019) he already has a stronger defensive structure and an aggressive recruitment and development process which is setting the team up for a proper tilt in the next three years…unlike our 2022 grand final appearance which you yourself have characterised as mission impossible and a complete mismatch (an attitude which is extremely telling of ba supporters)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Which explains the dogs situation now - and in a relative year one (similar to our 2019) he already has a stronger defensive structure and an aggressive recruitment and development process which is setting the team up for a proper tilt in the next three years…unlike our 2022 grand final appearance which you yourself have characterised as mission impossible and a complete mismatch (an attitude which is extremely telling of ba supporters)
It’s like our 2016 when our defence was also very good. Gould has been building that squad since 2021, so this is year three.

Legal Eel

Juniors
It’s like our 2016 when our defence was also very good.
Possibly.

But we had the bush coach to follow through and they have a real up and coming coach.

You can keep pushing the BA barrow all you like and I’m sure you will get months of masturbatory joy out of the resultant arguments, but the rest of us are hopeful of a new attitude and a better approach that achieves sustainable success and a team that can win a grand final, rather than enter it with the attitude that the other team are just too good.

Legal Eel

Juniors
It’s like our 2016 when our defence was also very good. Gould has been building that squad since 2021, so this is year three.
I’ll address your edit

Gould brought in a coach capable of great things when he realised Baz couldn’t do it.

we failed to sack BA after 2018 and we ended up with a coach who couldn’t nail a comp with a more than capable squad - where I think others would have.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Possibly.

But we had the bush coach to follow through and they have a real up and coming coach.

You can keep pushing the BA barrow all you like and I’m sure you will get months of masturbatory joy out of the resultant arguments, but the rest of us are hopeful of a new attitude and a better approach that achieves sustainable success and a team that can win a grand final, rather than enter it with the attitude that the other team are just too good.
Well at this stage Brad Arthur has achieved more and has a better win rate than Ciraldo, so 2024 is just a flash in the pan and you have succumbed to recency bias.

As for the trajectory of the Bulldogs, the coach is just a cog in the machine. It's all about Gould and his ability to secure funding.

Or maybe the smartarses are right and resources have nothing to do with it? Makes you wonder why Gould bothered.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’ll address your edit

Gould brought in a coach capable of great things when he realised Baz couldn’t do it.
Barrett's NRL record is horrific. Gould would've known he wasn't the coach he wanted.
we failed to sack BA after 2018 and we ended up with a coach who couldn’t nail a comp with a more than capable squad - where I think others would have.
Arthur could win a comp with the right squad, same as Stuart, Hagan, Maguire, Flanagan and Green. If you make a grand final you can win one. There's no special magic that applies to grand finals that doesn't apply to other elimination finals.

Avenger

Immortal
Barrett's NRL record is horrific. Gould would've known he wasn't the coach he wanted.

Arthur could win a comp with the right squad, same as Stuart, Hagan, Maguire, Flanagan and Green. If you make a grand final you can win one. There's no special magic that applies to grand finals that doesn't apply to other elimination finals.
He had 11 years you dribbler.

oldmancraigy

Coach

The imbecile didn't even book a bus.

Think man, THINK

JokerEel

Coach
Guys been away for a long time BA just took over as head coach so I assume he has sorted out our shit house recruitment as well as our bad defense?

Juniors must be the strongest in the competition by now?

I’ll address your edit

Truth! We held on to the choker.