What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

Coach
Alcohol fixes everything JE. Just pretend this year was a bad dream and it will all fade away....after we beat you in the last game that is :)

If you are happy with winning the last game and finishing second last good for you.

I though enjoy us playing not make the top 4 is always a failure in my eyes

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve said it before, I’ve had a beer with him and he was great. I don’t agree with plenty of what he posts here, but chat to him in person and you find common ground.

I think what is said on the forums, stays on the forums. The night we all got together I don't really recall anyone talking about LU much.

I'd like to catch up with anyone to chat about the Eels and leave the banter for the forums, and yes even Pou Bear

Nutz

Bench
If you are happy with winning the last game and finishing second last good for you.

I though enjoy us playing not make the top 4 is always a failure in my eyes
I'm not happy, I'm looking at next year already.
The upside for me is our emerging young talent. Pathways is the future :)
Already we are seeing players come through from the 2022 Harold Matt's premiership winning side like Lauchlan Galvin and Luke Laulilii.
You need to keep these young fellas otherwise your cap gets disjointed.

TheRam

Coach
They've never had a losing season (i.e. lost more games they have won) in the entire time Bellyache has been there, including the year they ran last.

And they still can't fill out a modern 30K stadium or produce and quality juniors. Epic fail if you ask me as far as progressing the game down there.

Look at the Swans. 30K+ crowds often and when they were playing at the Olympic Stadium over 40K and as far as juniors and participation go they have been killing it compared to the Storms abysmal record.

My fear is that once Bellyache retires and the Storm have the inevitable decline and stop being semi final and GF mainstays they will quickly lose any standing they have in that city and have no relevance whatsoever. They barely do now ffs!

Juniors and crowds at home games is where it's at. That is the true barometer of how well a club or sport is followed. Fickle TV fans that will only tune in to whoever is winning at the time means nothing in regards to the underlying strength of a club or sport.

Swan supporters turn up every home game and kids are plying that abomination in enough substantial numbers in both NSW and QLD to be producing AFL standard players. Bellyache and Storm have almost no Victorian NRL standard players at all and the handful that they have given a jersey to over the years have all been either Maoris or Pacific Islanders which means that they didn't have to convert them to our game at all.

No as great and enviable as the Storm have been from their beginning at the NRL level of things, nothing that they have done underneath that suggests that it will continue long term once the master coach is gone. I still get a sense that if the Storm were to vanish tomorrow almost no one in Melbourne(except a hardy 15-20K supporters) would even notice or care. If you can't capture the kids then you don't have true long term support that can take you into the future and grow.

The future is the children and especially the girls and mothers too. The boys will always follow.

Oh and if anyone wants to bring up the often touted massive supporter base of 1.2m, the most in the NRL, yeah sure and if they asked me which Rugby Union team do I follow my answer would be the Wallabies, but I haven't watched a game in over 15 years probably longer and couldn't careless if they played or ceased to exist really. So I bet the same applies to the Storm. Loyalty to their State and or City is what is driving that answer not actual support or real passion and love of the team like rusted on fans have.

TheRam

Coach
Wake up to yourself pou.

Your happy to play I don't know enough card when it suits the argument.

Everyone in Western Sydney hates the Arthur Family. So it's a con job to argue for BA when you live in Perth and don't meet the people involved in junior league that know the ins and outs.

Unfortunately we backed a dud it's okay

We move on let's hope Ryles can lead us to the promised land.

I think he only conned these two blokes...

1724457690796.png 1724461226839.png

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm not happy, I'm looking at next year already.
The upside for me is our emerging young talent. Pathways is the future :)
Already we are seeing players come through from the 2022 Harold Matt's premiership winning side like Lauchlan Galvin and Luke Laulilii.
You need to keep these young fellas otherwise your cap gets disjointed.
There’s no cap benefit to keeping them if you have to overpay for the little merkins

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think what is said on the forums, stays on the forums. The night we all got together I don't really recall anyone talking about LU much.

I'd like to catch up with anyone to chat about the Eels and leave the banter for the forums, and yes even Pou Bear
Agreed mate. When you’re in person you’re just footy fans talking footy.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Take it easy, there would be no violence. It would be like that Raiders of the Lost Ark scene when we see who can sink the most shots of rakija.
I genuinely didnt mean to insinuate there’d be any violence, so sorry if it came across that way. I just think that most people on here would get on pretty well when we’re not online.

Count me in for the rakija contest (even though I’ll be first to pass out).

Last edited: