What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That’s just an assertion. You haven’t demonstrated it. You do that when you talk about our finals record as well and say things like and I’m paraphrasing “It’s hard for a club like ours to win preliminary finals matches”. You were right when you said correlation doesn’t necessarily equal causation so if you’re going to make these blanket statements you have to demonstrate how as well. Cherry picking data to baselessly make wild assertions isn’t the way.
They are neither baseless nor wild. These assertions are backed by evidence, including the assertion that we don’t win a lot of finals matches. We have won 10 in 22 years (a decent sample). Cherry picking the records of Daniel Anderson and Brian Smith is as dumb as cherry picking Arthur’s record. As I’ve said repeatedly, 12 games is a tiny sample, and I’ve demonstrated with other examples of meaningless small samples.

The Colonel

Immortal
Plus we have Tom Trbojević offering to play for less for his club because he has been out injured for a significant period whilst our guy has this year a similar situation, yet he wants a pay rise.

Tom is offering to take a pay cut on an already signed deal so that Manly, who have clearly overspent on their investment, can channel that money into strengthening their roster as they can't do it because of the stupid money they have paid their top players (Include DCE and Jake). If you believe that Tom has done this from the kindness of his heart - I think he is a nice bloke but nowhere that nice - and that Manly haven't been in his ear about it then do I have a great deal on some swamp land for you. IMO Manly have tried to use his image as a nice guy to their advantage clearly.

Players tried to keep Kevin Kingston at Parramatta years ago and offered to take less money to keep him and were told no by the NRL. We tried to sign Folau for less for one year and back end further deals and the NRL said no.

He was signed on a big dollar deal - that is his market value and that is how he should be listed under the cap. Opens up a massive can of worms if it was allowed.

I’ve heard the reason why there is talk about Moses possibly wanting to leave is to try and renegotiate a new deal because we re-signed him for less than what has been reported.

Where ever Isaac is involved this is going to follow.

Avenger

Immortal
Does anyone want my season ticket to the last game of the season? I have 2 and my son doesn’t want to go. There is a function where I can transfer it to someone else. Please let me know. Please send me a PM if interested.

Oh and it’s for free.

hindy111

Post Whore
It worked out in 2016 for him, but it was a different game back then.

Plus they still had young talent like Bird,Holmes and Barba. Saint's aren't really stacked with x factor.

Did they sign old players or they already had them in squad like say we do?
I feel.there is a difference.
Hunt and De bellin are old also.
Dad army

EppingEel

Juniors
Does anyone want my season ticket to the last game of the season? I have 2 and my son doesn’t want to go. There is a function where I can transfer it to someone else. Please let me know. Please send me a PM if interested.

Oh and it’s for free.
Good on you mate. Love to see the Parra Spirit!

Latest posts