What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Colonel

Immortal
Wasn’t he initially rated higher than his younger brother? To be honest I haven’t really watched either of them play much. Does Brailey have a kicking game? Is he much better than Hands?
He has fallen behind Crossland in terms of attack and resilience. His defence is decent so that will make a difference but the Sharks had the choice between keeping him or his brother and went for the brother and now the Knights are keen to move him on.

Avenger

Immortal
He has fallen behind Crossland in terms of attack and resilience. His defence is decent so that will make a difference but the Sharks had the choice between keeping him or his brother and went for the brother and now the Knights are keen to move him on.
Sounds like a risk to me. We can always go for Mahoney on 1 November seeing he is free to talk to clubs for season 2026. ☺️

I’m joking, BTW.
☺️

Pazza

First Grade

Sport Confidential: Eels may move Clint Gutherson to forward pack in 2024

Incoming Parramatta coach Jason Ryles has floated a bizarre plan which would see club fullback Clint Gutherson move into the forward pack.
Parramatta skipper Clint Gutherson could wear the No. 13 jersey next season as the Eels prepare to shift the fullback into a hybrid role.
The Eels have made it clear they want to keep Gutherson at the club beyond next season when his current deal ends but his time at the back could be over.

It comes as the Eels express an interest in signing Newcastle hooker Jayden Brailey.
While it had been widely speculated that any potential move for Gutherson would see him shift into the backline – most likely at centre – it seems a switch to the forward pack looms for the former NSW player.
The Eels have no intention of releasing Gutherson early despite St George Illawarra’s interest.
Incoming Parramatta coach Jason Ryles has a plan to use Gutherson in a roaming role – similar to that done by Dylan Walker at the Warriors and Tyran Wishart at the Storm.
Whether or not that means Gutherson starts off the interchange bench next season is unclear and the plan may not obviously eventuate when it’s tested during pre-season training.
It is understood that Gutherson has been receptive to the positional switch. The Eels have signed Penrith young gun Isaiah Iongi to be their long-term fullback – and the hope is he will be ready by next season. They had earmarked Blaize Talagi to wear the no. 1 before he opted to join the Panthers.

Gutherson’s role could also see him play a little bit of dummy half if needed. The Eels believe they could have more potency with the football if they can have Gutherson, Dylan Brown and Mitchell Moses surrounding the ball as much as possible.
Gutherson is just 29 but his body is starting to show signs of slowing down. He was badly beaten on the outside by Broncos fullback Tristan Sailor last week.
The Eels remain in the market with Brailey the latest to come to their attention. Brailey has been given permission to leave the Knights with 12-months left on his contract. He was originally signed at Newcastle by new Parramatta assistant coach Nathan Brown although Brown was sacked before Brailey arrived.

He's gonna have to have a decent off season in the gym and working on his front on defense. But now more than ever the game is ripe for these hybrid backs moving to the back row.

JokerEel

Coach

Sport Confidential: Eels may move Clint Gutherson to forward pack in 2024

Incoming Parramatta coach Jason Ryles has floated a bizarre plan which would see club fullback Clint Gutherson move into the forward pack.
Parramatta skipper Clint Gutherson could wear the No. 13 jersey next season as the Eels prepare to shift the fullback into a hybrid role.
The Eels have made it clear they want to keep Gutherson at the club beyond next season when his current deal ends but his time at the back could be over.
It comes as the Eels express an interest in signing Newcastle hooker Jayden Brailey.
While it had been widely speculated that any potential move for Gutherson would see him shift into the backline – most likely at centre – it seems a switch to the forward pack looms for the former NSW player.
The Eels have no intention of releasing Gutherson early despite St George Illawarra’s interest.
Incoming Parramatta coach Jason Ryles has a plan to use Gutherson in a roaming role – similar to that done by Dylan Walker at the Warriors and Tyran Wishart at the Storm.
Whether or not that means Gutherson starts off the interchange bench next season is unclear and the plan may not obviously eventuate when it’s tested during pre-season training.
It is understood that Gutherson has been receptive to the positional switch. The Eels have signed Penrith young gun Isaiah Iongi to be their long-term fullback – and the hope is he will be ready by next season. They had earmarked Blaize Talagi to wear the no. 1 before he opted to join the Panthers.

Gutherson’s role could also see him play a little bit of dummy half if needed. The Eels believe they could have more potency with the football if they can have Gutherson, Dylan Brown and Mitchell Moses surrounding the ball as much as possible.
Gutherson is just 29 but his body is starting to show signs of slowing down. He was badly beaten on the outside by Broncos fullback Tristan Sailor last week.
The Eels remain in the market with Brailey the latest to come to their attention. Brailey has been given permission to leave the Knights with 12-months left on his contract. He was originally signed at Newcastle by new Parramatta assistant coach Nathan Brown although Brown was sacked before Brailey arrived.

Gutho isn't going to be 13...

We have Hopgood their and before we start moving him to the front row we have Barlow and Joffa at the front next season..

Gutho if not starting in the backs will be 14 for mine.

84 Baby

Referee
Gutho isn't going to be 13...

We have Hopgood their and before we start moving him to the front row we have Barlow and Joffa at the front next season..

Gutho if not starting in the backs will be 14 for mine.
I think they were being sensationalist by saying he’ll play 13. They mentioned Dylan Walker role which seems the more likely

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Wasn’t he initially rated higher than his younger brother? To be honest I haven’t really watched either of them play much. Does Brailey have a kicking game? Is he much better than Hands?
He's a shadow of the player he was before his injuires, i doubt he's a better player than Hands these days. I sure hope Newy are tipping in a shitload of cash.

TheCrowe

Juniors
After 3 serious injuries he has peaked. At 28 he isnt going to get any better. I have watched him pretty closely and I don't think he is any better the Hands. Hands is a smart guy and a student of the game. If he gets some good consistent coaching and game time I feel there is a lot of improvement to come.

The Colonel

Immortal
Mozer is a gun but I don't know if Brisbane would let him go.
They didn't appear to want to play him having used Paix, Walters and Smoothy ahead of him before injuries ruled out Paix and Smoothy. He is certainly on a similar if not better level to Lussick and Hands and much younger. Certainly would hope it would be someone that enquiries have been made about.

And probably better than Boodsy.
Maybe.

Boods has a football brain. There are plenty of calls for the club to enlist some football intelligence and he has it in spades.

His off the ground passing hasn't come on this year. I still think Boods will need a good off season to put on some muscle before being considered as any full time option for anyone.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’ll x it some more Gazza.

But but but I thought it was all Mons fault and poor Bea has no say in the Roster at all??
Nobody ever said he had no say. I’m sure he wanted to keep the 2022 grand final side together but coaches don’t get to buy or keep every player they want. The market decides that.