What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheCrowe

Juniors
They didn't appear to want to play him having used Paix, Walters and Smoothy ahead of him before injuries ruled out Paix and Smoothy. He is certainly on a similar if not better level to Lussick and Hands and much younger. Certainly would hope it would be someone that enquiries have been made about.
I hope we are looking at him. Just noticed he got a lot of press attention lately and the Bronx were really talking him up. He looks to be very talented.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
is he that much better than Hands though ?

I would have thought if we are in the rebuilding phase we should be aiming a bit higher than Brailey as we'll be stuck with an "adequate" player for years to come in a position where we are weak and very short on depth

I'll support Ryles if this is what he wants but I'm a bit surprised as I don't think he raises the bar that much
At some positions you only need a decent first grader, and this includes in the spine. Look at Kenny at Penrith. It all depends on the rest of your roster.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wasn’t he initially rated higher than his younger brother? To be honest I haven’t really watched either of them play much. Does Brailey have a kicking game? Is he much better than Hands?
The younger brother was always rated higher, which is why the older brother was shitcanned as soon as little bro was ready for first grade.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Sport Confidential: Eels may move Clint Gutherson to forward pack in 2024

Incoming Parramatta coach Jason Ryles has floated a bizarre plan which would see club fullback Clint Gutherson move into the forward pack.
Parramatta skipper Clint Gutherson could wear the No. 13 jersey next season as the Eels prepare to shift the fullback into a hybrid role.
The Eels have made it clear they want to keep Gutherson at the club beyond next season when his current deal ends but his time at the back could be over.

It comes as the Eels express an interest in signing Newcastle hooker Jayden Brailey.
While it had been widely speculated that any potential move for Gutherson would see him shift into the backline – most likely at centre – it seems a switch to the forward pack looms for the former NSW player.
The Eels have no intention of releasing Gutherson early despite St George Illawarra’s interest.
Incoming Parramatta coach Jason Ryles has a plan to use Gutherson in a roaming role – similar to that done by Dylan Walker at the Warriors and Tyran Wishart at the Storm.
Whether or not that means Gutherson starts off the interchange bench next season is unclear and the plan may not obviously eventuate when it’s tested during pre-season training.
It is understood that Gutherson has been receptive to the positional switch. The Eels have signed Penrith young gun Isaiah Iongi to be their long-term fullback – and the hope is he will be ready by next season. They had earmarked Blaize Talagi to wear the no. 1 before he opted to join the Panthers.

Gutherson’s role could also see him play a little bit of dummy half if needed. The Eels believe they could have more potency with the football if they can have Gutherson, Dylan Brown and Mitchell Moses surrounding the ball as much as possible.
Gutherson is just 29 but his body is starting to show signs of slowing down. He was badly beaten on the outside by Broncos fullback Tristan Sailor last week.
The Eels remain in the market with Brailey the latest to come to their attention. Brailey has been given permission to leave the Knights with 12-months left on his contract. He was originally signed at Newcastle by new Parramatta assistant coach Nathan Brown although Brown was sacked before Brailey arrived.

Dark mode ffs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kelma will forever ridiculed for that ridiculous charge down…..I always thought he looked a bit dopey, that only confirmed it, in saying that he goes okay, we’ve definitely had worse
A smart player costs more than the-same-player-but-dumb. Most players have weaknesses and footy smarts is (one of) his. At least he is working on his effort areas. On the plus side, he is quick and powerful.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Can someone explain to me does Reg want leave or tapped? I’m hearing conflicting reports
He might not want to leave but sure as shit he will want the best deal he can get for 2026 and beyond. It will almost certainly be the last dollar he makes from rugby league. Then he’ll be retired for 40+ years.

So if the best deal for his final contract means leaving Parra a year early, we won’t stand in his way.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Quicker and bigger. Thats something.
It is, but speed and size aren’t that important in the spine, especially at hooker. They need to be big enough and quick enough, but the most important traits are brains, skill and work rate. These are guys who make a lot of tackles and a lot of decisions in attack.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Kelma will forever ridiculed for that ridiculous charge down…..I always thought he looked a bit dopey, that only confirmed it, in saying that he goes okay, we’ve definitely had worse
It was stupid! But at least it was effort play......rather then being lazy..

I think he is going pretty good but. Have been pretty decent since Barrett has had him starting