What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench
While being well over the salary cap because of the two clubs needing to become one.
There were no Salary Cap exemptions in 2005. Besides there we no big names in taht Tigers team, it was built on kids. No big names to break the bank./

Tigers
1. Hodgson
2. Fitzhenry
3. Elford
4. Whatuira
5. Richards
6. Benji
7/ Prince
8. LaFrancchi
9 Farah
10 Skandalis
11 Ben Galea
12 mark O'Neill
13 Dene Halatau

hindy111

Post Whore
I hate to quote Fitzy but,

Two 2nd rates teams will make a 2nd rate joint venture.

Still happy we didn't go with them; I mean they would want to back out now from that as well.

The delusion of people living in the so called "Inner West"

We have the best pubs, restruants, public, art galleries, transport in Sydney
Leichardt is the greatest oval of them all
Penaut

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I respect the fact that you don’t always buy into the consensus view but ironically you can end up being dogmatic when it comes to defending your own views.
I’m certainly not dogmatic. I always test my assumptions and keep an open mind. If you don’t at least start with trying to understand why decisions are made you will too quickly default to “<sCaPeGoAt> HaS nO iDeA fFs YoU wOuLdN’t ReAd AbOuT iT!!!!!”

It doesn’t mean these decision makers never make poor decisions or even that they have all the information they need. They are, like us, operating in an environment where they don’t have all the information. They might have more information than we do (a lot more) but they are still trying to manage risk without being able to accurately quantify it. Often they just have to take the plunge. But as I’ve said once or twice, bad luck is mitigated by resources.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't really understand how it would work for them....

If they bailed on the West's venture, then that wouldn't mean West's are done, just that Balmain is out of it...
They would have to win an NRL licence for themselves to get back in, right?

I think they’re forcing the NRL to choose who gets the licence.

Noise

Coach
Yeah that’s what I’m wondering, normally you don’t get them until the end of the round but someone is just ensuring we spend an extra week on the bottom. It’s the same in the NRL website
I’ve noticed in more recent weeks the team with the bye has been given their points once the round starts. Not sure when it started happening as I wasn’t paying attention at the beginning of the season.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’ve noticed in more recent weeks the team with the bye has been given their points once the round starts. Not sure when it started happening as I wasn’t paying attention at the beginning of the season.
Too busy looking at tasteful nudes merkin??

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just don't get how the powers that be at Parra don't do what Manly do to us and raid the bejeezus out of their area. It is ripe and juicy with quality and the Tigers are far from a stable and must play for organisation.
Plenty of kids from Campbelltown play in the Parramatta comp and try out for our junior reps. It’s been happening as far back as Hayne and his mates travelling to Cabramatta to play club footy.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yep.....if Parra lose to Dargons but beat tigers next week, equal on points and presumably parra ahead on +/-. If Parra win against Dargons, doesnt really change much, Tigers need to win the Spoonbowl.
Has there even been a more anticipated match between the bottom 2 teams in the history of the game.

It will be more exciting to watch as a neutral then a Storm v Roosters GF which is looking likely.