What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Haven't rewatched it...and never will.....it was the most pathetic grand final I've ever seen, with both teams at full strength....it just showed we never truly were a grand final team.....

All I remember was the kick off going straight down the middle on kick off, and we were on the backfoot since then.
I wonder if they players ever did.

They sure have shown us how much it hurt and motivated they were to get back to a GF in the 2 years since.

Penrith lost a GF and it burned so much they won a 3-peat.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I wonder if they players ever did.

They sure have shown us how much it hurt and motivated they were to get back to a GF in the 2 years since.

Penrith lost a GF and it burned so much they won a 3-peat.
It seemed like the players and coach treated making the GF as good enough....and rested on the laurels the next 2 seasons

lucablight

First Grade
You should’ve known that before the finals. Legit premiership contenders have massive points differentials due to all their playing talent. They don’t scrape into the top four on the back of half a dozen close wins.
Upsets are a thing in sports. Are you saying we shouldn’t have bothered to show up?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Upsets are a thing in sports. Are you saying we shouldn’t have bothered to show up?
We beat Penrith twice that season there was no reason to think we couldn't beat them again on GF day. Otherwise wtf was the point of being there like seriously.

In fact even this year we still give Penrith trouble.

They had to pull one out of the fire in a 5 min blitz to beat us.

We were more chance of beating Penrith then a Roosters side who have our measure.

Penrith at least we match up well against and always provided a contest except GF day really since there dominance started.

it's a ridiculous argument thinking you could get to a preliminary final or a GF and can't win it.

JokerEel

Coach

"Jason, in collaboration with our Head of Recruitment, Ben Rogers, and our GM of Football, Mark O’Neill, has spent the last 10 weeks planning for 2025 and beyond. Together, they have been building the roster to align with Jason's preferred game model ensuring we have a strong foundation for future success. You will hear more from Jason next week as he shares his football vision for the Eels."

Haven't we only Signed Iongi since Ryles has come on board?

I assume they are looking at 26 but probably not with Rogers and MON..

King-Gutho94

Coach
Ben Rogers really doesn't inspire me with confidence moving forward.

Hopefully Ryles can get a decent name on board for recruitment.

Cleaned out the coaching staff next step is MON and Rogers