What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
I’m sure you are right. Players walk away from a $700K contract at the end of their contract all the time. That makes perfect sense
I think you’ve shown all multiple occasions you fail to understand how players changing clubs work. I suspect we’re paying a decent chunk but likely over a number of years. It also doesn’t necessarily mean any of it comes under our salary cap

Delboy

First Grade
I think you’ve shown all multiple occasions you fail to understand how players changing clubs work. I suspect we’re paying a decent chunk but likely over a number of years. It also doesn’t necessarily mean any of it comes under our salary cap
Think you will find RCG and his management sought a full release to pursue other opportunities, obviously there was genuine interest from someone which will likely be revealed when the finals are over. Confident we are not contributing any money in future years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
At the Warriors it was 150+ not bad considering how bad they where and are.
At Tiger his 1 yr was -80 not bad for them

At Penrith it's been
1040+ across both stints.

So all up he is sitting at about 1120 vs - 150
Just look at his first 11 years. It was -200. Since then he has been good.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The article stressed that the club needs to balance the cap, how did the powers that be get into a position where there is little room in the cap. Doesn’t appear to be good management.
Mate it is September and most clubs already have their top 17 sorted for next year. There shouldn't be much room in the cap. If there was they would be hoping Santa Claus would fill it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Good. 5 top 4 finishes. 4 and maybe 5 straight grand finals? 3 premierships and maybe 4?
That's not good that's phenomenal
It shows the results over their first 11 years don't mean much though. If you're at ordinary clubs you need a lot of luck to even make a grand final. To win three straight premierships at a well resourced club also takes a lot of luck. None of the game's top coaches have managed it.

84 Baby

Referee
Agree. Maybe Russels level?
Probably the best comparison. Although I’m a little disappointed Russell hasn’t taken the next step.
This all said I was also disappointed when Leleisiao, or whatever he was, was so casually let go. Yes he had (and still does) weaknesses but his strengths were phenomenal. He may be a poor man’s Too but we should have given him the chance

hindy111

Post Whore
Probably the best comparison. Although I’m a little disappointed Russell hasn’t taken the next step.
This all said I was also disappointed when Leleisiao, or whatever he was, was so casually let go. Yes he had (and still does) weaknesses but his strengths were phenomenal. He may be a poor man’s Too but we should have given him the chance

Russel shows the odd glimpse. But he just isn't that strong or fast so his ceiling might just be to get safer then he is

84 Baby

Referee
Think you will find RCG and his management sought a full release to pursue other opportunities, obviously there was genuine interest from someone which will likely be revealed when the finals are over. Confident we are not contributing any money in future years.
I would have thought so too, but it seems odd it hasn’t been announced then. Unless the new team is likewise going to release a player.

EppingEel

Juniors
Jayden Brailey defense and good service for 50-60 minutes and let Hands use his running game to cause havoc in the leftover minutes, sounds like a good combination to me.