What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
With Stefano coming to the Storm I reckon Welch is 100%
They'll announce once seasons over.
I meant for RCG. It’d be an odd choice to forgo $600-$700k without a replacement already in bag.
With Welch, unless he’s coming at fraction of price, I’m with whoever said it earlier I don’t get essentially swapping RCG and Welch

Tiger5150

Bench
I think you’ve shown all multiple occasions you fail to understand how players changing clubs work.
You are currently showing on this occasion that you fail to understand english and written text.

I suspect we’re paying a decent chunk but likely over a number of years.
Then you are agreeing with me 100%, in which case you are correct, congratulations.

It also doesn’t necessarily mean any of it comes under our salary cap
yes it does, every cent that Parra pays is on the cap. Thats the whole point.

Tiger5150

Bench
Think you will find RCG and his management sought a full release to pursue other opportunities, obviously there was genuine interest from someone which will likely be revealed when the finals are over. Confident we are not contributing any money in future years.
Im sure many players at 31years of age, think "you know what...bugger it, I'll totally walk away from a secure Contract of $700K and step out into the market without any guarantees and no action by Parramatta, two months before preseason starts and every other club has their roster locked."

Thats what makes sense....Im confident that that is exactly what has happened and Mrs Campbell Gillard has no problems with it either....who needs $700K?

Delboy

First Grade
Im sure many players at 31years of age, think "you know what...bugger it, I'll totally walk away from a secure Contract of $700K and step out into the market without any guarantees and no action by Parramatta, two months before preseason starts and every other club has their roster locked."

Thats what makes sense....Im confident that that is exactly what has happened and Mrs Campbell Gillard has no problems with it either....who needs $700K?
Ok, you can think what you like given you’re a Tigpie, but what I stated is true and it came from someone closely associated with the issue .

oldmancraigy

Coach

Let's be fair, you were wrong about Joe O and how much the tigers paid him to play here. Might be a chance you're.wrong about RCG walking away from a big $ year.

Getting a 3 year deal now, even at slightly lower starting salary, might be decent risk mitigation for him. Might be why his management requested a release?

84 Baby

Referee
You are currently showing on this occasion that you fail to understand english and written text.
Yeah nah
Then you are agreeing with me 100%, in which case you are correct, congratulations.
Did I say I disagreed? I just think in these matters you probs aren’t the greatest authority because:
yes it does, every cent that Parra pays is on the cap. Thats the whole point.
Ok yep sure that’s the case of course. If you guys ever cut a player mid contract, you go ahead and make sure you include every cent you pay on your cap

Latest posts