What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Why would we want to do that? I get Lussick shouldnt be playing 80 mins, but reckons he is still pretty decent at NRL level.

unless he is on stupid money, keep him to provide depth at hooker. It wasn't long ago we had no depth there.

Brailey, Lussick, Hands and Smith creates depth and good competition
Lussick is probably the worse hooker in NRL. His service is poor and very rarely engages the defenders. Waste of cap imo.

The young Broncos hooker, is it Mozer?, they might be willing to release to make room in cap, has wraps on him but must say have never seen him play.

Gherkin

Juniors
Lussick is probably the worse hooker in NRL. His service is poor and very rarely engages the defenders. Waste of cap imo.

The young Broncos hooker, is it Mozer?, they might be willing to release to make room in cap, has wraps on him but must say have never seen him play.
Mozer won't leave the Broncos. Once Walters get sacked they'll move his son on and Mozer will be their 9

TheRam

Coach
Strange...

Iongi and lomax, the best we've had in years.

If he was having a go at R & R it would have been for 2023 and 2024, not 2025. The last two years besides Hopgood have been nothing short of abysmal. Seriously I think even pou would have managed better and we all know how much he loves plods.

Well maybe not even pou, but you'll know what I mean. Freakin pathetic!

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
Surely we are paying a sizeable chunk of RCGs salary to play elsewhere. I actually dont get letting him go. Most our team mostly had an off season. But i think he still played tough up the middle and is less injury prone.

Exactly. For $650K that it was reported that he would have been on for 2025, with a new coach, tactics and greater standards in fitness and hopefully attitude across the board, there is no way we will sign a better front rower for the same money. I believe he would have been one of the players at the club that would have responded most favourably with all the changes going on. Like joining a new club and everything is fresh again.

Oh well, the Dogs will probably be getting the benefits of all of that.

TheRam

Coach
He must be confident he will sign another contract. The club has said they will not be paying him to play elsewhere. He is taking the gamble at gaining a 3year contract. My understanding is the club would have been happy to have him play out his final year but would not extend him.

Well then they shouldn't have tapped him on the shoulder then and made him see out his contract ffs.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Exactly. For $650K that it was reported that he would have been on for 2025, with a new coach, tactics and greater standards in fitness and hopefully attitude across the board, there is no way we will sign a better front rower for the same money. I believe he would have been one of the players at the club that would have responded most favourably with all the changes going on. Like joining a new club and everything is fresh again.

Oh well, the Dogs will probably be getting the benefits of all of that.
The Dogs are about to sign Taukeiaho, again. #Birds

TheRam

Coach
Think our backline for next year will be:
longi
Sivo
Peninisi -Dick or Will?
Gutho
Lomax
Will that get us into top 8?
None with express speed but if get D right and forwards dominate there should be some points in the side.
Its exciting.

Hahahahaha....

TheRam

Coach
The thing is he wants a multi year contract worth a lot more than whatever he was on in his final year with us. This is why he might've asked for a release.

...and I would have told him no! Prove to us that you are still a high value quality forward in 2025 and we can talk turkey for a extension then. We are in the box seat, not him.

You don't let your best middle forward go when you don't have a ready made replacement ffs! Especially when they are probably on the least amount of money coming into the last year of their contract. Where is the sense in that?

Look at the Doggies on the weekend. They would have loved and killed for a big powerful middle like him who can also tackle well. He probably would have been the difference for them winning the game. We had him and let him go.

I get the argument that it is better to let them go a year early then a year to late, but RCG was still playing decent footy and had no major injuries that would have inhibited him from regaining close to his best form. Remember he had 2 deaths in the family in 12 months and we as a team were playing like crap for most of the season and the team was constantly hampered by injuries to players. The whole team just lost the drive to compete and succeed there for a while.

I think Baz slowly got them to reset and focus once BA was gone and we started to see RCG's form start to reemerge and improve as a result. I think he has at least 2 if not 3 more quality seasons in him baring injuries(and playing for a quality team) of course and his next contract should reflect where he is at when he signs it and his age during it, which I'm sure he would have been fine with.