What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Is Sivo first choice on the wing anyway?
I don't think it was clear this year.

He finished the year on fire, but was abysmal for 80%+ of the year
As supporters always say, there is always next year. And hopefully Ryles will install some of those Storm systems that make them such a good team. So the hope is that Sivo will get back to his best and realistically Lomax's best position is wing and Ryles will convince him of such. Then with better systems, particularly with defence, Peninisi will rediscover his defence, Gutho will embrace centre and Longi will thrive. And the forwards become a force again.

You have to remember that most of Storm's forwards in '22 were unknowns and now they're a real force, the sum of their forwards are better than each individual. Again it comes down to systems that allow ordinary players to improve and thrive. Bring it on!

Glenneel

Bench
I’m tipping Guymer (certainty), Tuivati (probably) and Pryke (maybe). The rest will be lucky to play five NRL games between them.
Is Moretti any good? Runs hard with some ballplaying skills but appears easily dominated and not the best tackler. Have only seen about 2 games and not impressed so far.

Glenneel

Bench
For me it would be hard for us to be less fit than this year.
And surely we can get better "connected" on the field in terms of communication, trust and knowing our roles
Saw some games where we looked like we were just thrown together and picked from park football. It was embarrassing and it didn't take me long before switched off. We can't go that badly next year surely, not with some of the players we have.

Glenneel

Bench
That's a Hell of a lot of hoping.

I just hope we get our pathways/juniors right. The rest then will sort its self out...hopefully.
As I said all supporters full of hope for next year. So with a new coach even more hopeful than usual. Hopefully with Brown as assistant coach juniors will be better administered and trained - after all he did write a report on them.

Gronk

Staff member
This kid is a champion....whinger!
We were never dropping Moses or Brown for him so just get over it ffs!!!
It's all well and good to get boners over Galvin, Talagi or even Sanders, but those kids will be up and down in form for years before they hit consistency in their late 20's. Dylan is still up n down.

Some merkins don't know how lucky we are to have a 6 & 7 like we do. I bet JR does.

Delboy

First Grade
Talking about juniors, Moses was also a Tigers junior......*development club
Strangely he wasn’t. Ask him and he will tell you he’s a PArra junior Played for Toongabbie Tigers until Uncle Ben took him to Tigers when he was 15. Even under SOO type rules, he qualifies as an Eels junior .

Anyway you can keep those tears going losing Moses and Tedesco and keeping Brookes, don’t dwell on the past as you may have a decent future, oh Benji is coach, not sure now.