What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah I'm not sure clinging to the past is going to benefit the team. Is this something that Ryles and the players want or something the club thinks the fans want?

When I was in the army I had a vaguely related experience at a unit that had a fairly active veteran's association for former unit members. The association would put on functions where they would get together and tell warries and reminisce. They loved it when current serving members would attend, so the old fellas could feel a part of it. But they weren't a part of it any longer, and most blokes considered it a painful embuggerance to go along and listen to these old guys. Merkins wanted to get home to their families, or go out and smash moisties, or whatever the single blokes did. Anyway I'll never forget we had a sergeant major who once told us we should make the effort, because we'd all be has-beens too one day. And so we are.

lucablight

First Grade
Yeah I'm not sure clinging to the past is going to benefit the team. Is this something that Ryles and the players want or something the club thinks the fans want?

When I was in the army I had a vaguely related experience at a unit that had a fairly active veteran's association for former unit members. The association would put on functions where they would get together and tell warries and reminisce. They loved it when current serving members would attend, so the old fellas could feel a part of it. But they weren't a part of it any longer, and most blokes considered it a painful embuggerance to go along and listen to these old guys. Merkins wanted to get home to their families, or go out and smash moisties, or whatever the single blokes did. Anyway I'll never forget we had a sergeant major who once told us we should make the effort, because we'd all be has-beens too one day. And so we are.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Super impressive interview from Ryles. Seems big on consistency and doing the little things correctly. Something we never seemed to master under BA to be honest. We’d roll Penrith one week and lose to the Tigers or similar the next.
I was in a bar in Berlin the other day and ran into 2 blokes from Newy.

Massive footy and cricket fans we spoke for 3 hours about footy, cricket.

It was interesting getting there perspective on Parramatta from an outsiders point if view.

They mentioned they can never pick us over the past 4 or 5 years whatsoever one minute were beating the Storm and Penrith and then losing to the Tigers in the same month of footy for example.

They called us schizo.

One of them was actually a Broncos fans he didn't want to talk about last year's GF haha but agreed hewould rather have lost the way we did in 2022 then what happened last year.