What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gherkin

Juniors
I don’t think JAC is even that quick anymore.
On his day Sivo is unstoppable 10m out. If we can get his attitude right with rucking the ball out there’s no reason to get rid of him. Obviously need to accept that he’ll make poor defensive reads, but if his attitude is right there as well he’s shown that he can save tries like he did at the back end of this year

Tiger5150

Bench
On his day Sivo is unstoppable 10m out. If we can get his attitude right with rucking the ball out there’s no reason to get rid of him. Obviously need to accept that he’ll make poor defensive reads, but if his attitude is right there as well he’s shown that he can save tries like he did at the back end of this year

From the outside looking in and as someone following a team that desperately needs dirty metres early in a set....and looking for a player that might be on the outer at their club, lets just say Ive watched a bit of Sivo this year....

He should be the template for the modern winger. I dont see defensive errors as his biggest weakness. If he is 10m out there is no stopping him and he will run over anyone for 10-20m. Why doesnt that happen in your own 20? That is the mystery wrapped in the enigma that is Sivo. Is it heart? Effort?

Incorrect

Coach
Sivo is a liability and an absolute peaheart when it counts.
I tend to agree...

He was great last 4 weeks of the season with f**k all to play for and a rumoured tap on the shoulder so that gave him a rocket.... Why wasn't that attitude and form there all season like the Storm wingers, Panthers wingers, Roosters wingers bring every week?

Answer - we just don't have the same standards

The Predictor

Juniors
Unfortunately those days are far and few between, very unpredictable

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
From the outside looking in and as someone following a team that desperately needs dirty metres early in a set....and looking for a player that might be on the outer at their club, lets just say Ive watched a bit of Sivo this year....

He should be the template for the modern winger. I dont see defensive errors as his biggest weakness. If he is 10m out there is no stopping him and he will run over anyone for 10-20m. Why doesnt that happen in your own 20? That is the mystery wrapped in the enigma that is Sivo. Is it heart? Effort?

10m out from the opposition line he’s usually running at a retreating or sideways-moving defence, in mostly one-on-one or maybe two-on-one situations. He can barge his way through that.

Coming off his own line he is running at a defence that is moving up towards him, with no two to three players making the tackle. Doesn’t use much footwork like other wingers and fullbacks do. Usually not from a quick play the ball either, as Gutho doesn’t do much in terms of kick returns usually.

Pazza

First Grade
Usually not from a quick play the ball either, as Gutho doesn’t do much in terms of kick returns usually.

great point, i dont think enough is made of this. SIvo gets ripped and rightful so but our wingers take the second hit up off the most ineffective kick returns in the NRL. Hopefully with Iongi back there we might get the odd break or tackle break.

Zoso

Juniors
I tend to agree...

He was great last 4 weeks of the season with f**k all to play for and a rumoured tap on the shoulder so that gave him a rocket.... Why wasn't that attitude and form there all season like the Storm wingers, Panthers wingers, Roosters wingers bring every week?

Answer - we just don't have the same standards
Maybe he got too comfortable because there’s no one pushing for his spot.

Latest posts