What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
I watched a fair bit of the AFL GF yesterday. That’s the first AFL I’ve watched since probably plucker played for the Swans. I’d try to give it a chance - but I just can’t do it.
Two observations:
1. It’s insanely “white” especially for someone who watches American football or NRL.
2. It is just far too disorganised. It is very random and some brief order comes out of the randomness. Almost the total opposite of NRL right now.
I’d love a middle ground for NRL like the 80s where there is a bit of randomness but also some good organisation.

I watched 5 mins.
I like NRL and NFL

49rs suck

Noise

Coach
Met him once, chatted for about 45mins. Nice guy, not at all pretentious and just loves his footy.
My assumption is the glory years players just don’t know how many advantages the broncos had and think that there’s something special about the club, independent of the host of origin players and greatest coach of all time, they had in their glory years.
Same, I met him out once and he was a good fella. But hearing him on 360 and radio portrays him as a dopey ex footballer.

T-Boon

Coach
Met him once, chatted for about 45mins. Nice guy, not at all pretentious and just loves his footy.
My assumption is the glory years players just don’t know how many advantages the broncos had and think that there’s something special about the club, independent of the host of origin players and greatest coach of all time, they had in their glory years.
I took a piss in a toilet at Parra leagues and Tallis was in there and one other guy came in and that guy goes “whistle if you think Tallis is a dickhead” and I didn’t whistle, then in a funny/taunting voice tallis goes “I’m not hearing any whistling” and I pissed myself laughing. I’ve liked him ever since.

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
I watched a fair bit of the AFL GF yesterday. That’s the first AFL I’ve watched since probably plucker played for the Swans.
w0_xA8.gif

Gronk

Staff member
The Oregon rumour can be crossed off, as the Sharks indicated to him that they were keen to take up their side of the MO. Oregon has knocked back interest from other clubs and agreed to exercise his side of the MO.

oldmancraigy

Coach
The Oregon rumour can be crossed off, as the Sharks indicated to him that they were keen to take up their side of the MO. Oregon has knocked back interest from other clubs and agreed to exercise his side of the MO.

Just curious, where in the article does it say the Sharks were taking up MO?
I see the bit about Kafusi taking up an option, but must have missed the part about the Sharks "being keen to take up their side"

Reading the article it seems to indicate Kafusi will take up the option for 2025, and the club will extend his deal for the longer term.

Gronk

Staff member
Just curious, where in the article does it say the Sharks were taking up MO?
I see the bit about Kafusi taking up an option, but must have missed the part about the Sharks "being keen to take up their side"

Reading the article it seems to indicate Kafusi will take up the option for 2025, and the club will extend his deal for the longer term.

The article outlines the precise mechanics of a MO, where both parties have to agree. If it was "one side can exercise their option" then the Sharks could have exercised theirs long ago. Instead they have been waiting for Texas (formerly known as Oregon).

Coach Craig Fitzgibbon was desperate to keep Kaufusi in his pack next year,

Kaufusi is poised to take up an option on his deal for 2025 despite attracting interest for longer-term contracts from rival clubs.

TheRam

Coach
I watched a fair bit of the AFL GF yesterday. That’s the first AFL I’ve watched since probably plucker played for the Swans. I’d try to give it a chance - but I just can’t do it.
Two observations:
1. It’s insanely “white” especially for someone who watches American football or NRL.
2. It is just far too disorganised. It is very random and some brief order comes out of the randomness. Almost the total opposite of NRL right now.
I’d love a middle ground for NRL like the 80s where there is a bit of randomness but also some good organisation.

In other words it's just a shit game played by a very narrow group of people that makes no sense to most other people in the whole world.

oldmancraigy

Coach
The article outlines the precise mechanics of a MO, where both parties have to agree. If it was "one side can exercise their option" then the Sharks could have exercised theirs long ago. Instead they have been waiting for Texas (formerly known as Oregon).

A. There's no need to be hostile. I was asking an innocent question.

B. I can read. It in no way outlines precise mechanics. You've read that into the text. It MAY be as you infer, but nothing in the article implies that (and surely we are both smart enough to realise the myriad possible forms a mutual option could take??)

I appear to have triggered an agenda you're grinding on, sorry for that. I was just responding to a specific post and seeking clarity, because I couldn't see what was being claimed.

TheRam

Coach
I don't watch 360 but on Triple M I find him very good..

He is a moron on NRL360 and hasn't a clue other then typical footy stuff you hear coming out of Blocker or those type of panellists. I have heard him a little bit on Tripple M and he is different there because it is more free flowing and they just riff a lot there which allows him to be more open and there is a lot of playful ribbing and the like to go with it.

But NRL360 is a different type of beast where deeper analysis on controversial and whole game issues are brought to light and discussed from every angle in a short space of time. He regularly shows that he has no clue as to the background or intricacies surrounding or within a topic and defers to the other panellists by asking them to enlighten him.

That isn't what his role is on that panel or at least shouldn't be. He isn't there to give us a basic dumb arse footy perspective. That is what Anasta and the many other former footy guest are there to do. Otherwise as we have been witnessing it becomes opinions on repeat and pointless. I get that Kent wasn't everyone's cup of tea but at least he would make the calls, ring his contacts and do his research on all topics discussed and say things that very few others had the balls to say.

Panelist like Tallis don't do that very often and are happy to just float along and leave the heavy lifting to the journalists. That's fine, but then don't put your hand up to host an in depth show that needs you to be a sleuth and have a much wider perspective and knowledge of the game.

I would much prefer someone like Michael Carayannis who does proper journalistic investigative work and is always digging for the latest up to date info. Tallis has to many mates and protected species that he looks after and only attacks those that are outside of that group unless absolutely necessary and would be to obvious not to. Most footballers suck on that score. That's why the co-host should probably not be a former player.

Hopefully FOX will make changes next year otherwise I may stop watching that too.

King-Gutho94

Coach
He is a moron on NRL360 and hasn't a clue other then typical footy stuff you hear coming out of Blocker or those type of panellists. I have heard him a little bit on Tripple M and he is different there because it is more free flowing and they just riff a lot there which allows him to be more open and there is a lot of playful ribbing and the like to go with it.

But NRL360 is a different type of beast where deeper analysis on controversial and whole game issues are brought to light and discussed from every angle in a short space of time. He regularly shows that he has no clue as to the background or intricacies surrounding or within a topic and defers to the other panellists by asking them to enlighten him.

That isn't what his role is on that panel or at least shouldn't be. He isn't there to give us a basic dumb arse footy perspective. That is what Anasta and the many other former footy guest are there to do. Otherwise as we have been witnessing it becomes opinions on repeat and pointless. I get that Kent wasn't everyone's cup of tea but at least he would make the calls, ring his contacts and do his research on all topics discussed and say things that very few others had the balls to say.

Panelist like Tallis don't do that very often and are happy to just float along and leave the heavy lifting to the journalists. That's fine, but then don't put your hand up to host an in depth show that needs you to be a sleuth and have a much wider perspective and knowledge of the game.

I would much prefer someone like Michael Carayannis who does proper journalistic investigative work and is always digging for the latest up to date info. Tallis has to many mates and protected species that he looks after and only attacks those that are outside of that group unless absolutely necessary and would be to obvious not to. Most footballers suck on that score. That's why the co-host should probably not be a former player.

Hopefully FOX will make changes next year otherwise I may stop watching that too.
Lara Pitt when she has been on previously has shown up all those dribblers on there with proper journalistic takes and knowledge of the game.

I actually think Dan Ginnane would better suited to host or play the Paul Kent role as he isn't afraid to give an opinion and says it how it is.

I know most can't stand his commentary but listen to him on the sportsbet podcast and when he used to do drive show on triple m 10 years ago opinions on certain matters he wouldn't back down similar to Kent.

Latest posts