What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T.S Quint

Coach
I reckon Dunster’s option would be at least $200k. He was worth more than that when he re-signed. Is he even worth minimum salary now? He’s the one player we can guarantee is on overs.

Dunster would be on overs if he was on the absolute minimum. He'd probably be on overs on a second-tier deal (is it still called that?).

Whilst he is on overs, I still think the cap hit we have to take on him is not hurting us as if say Dylan Brown completely f**ked his knee and his career went to shit. And I am saying this in the hope that his recent knee injury doesn't f**k his career and he turns to shit.

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm just glad we put Talagi on display. Let him get a few highlights and show everyone his potential. His NSW cup form was average at best. Almost poor. I'm sure others clubs knew of him but none where offering 400k+ based on how average his form in cup was and a handful of Flegg games.
Massive cock up.

Huggers come at me

We were a bit desperate for players, you know.
Who else was going to play if not Blaize? We were trying to win games and the coaches obviously thought he was the best option.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah, I don’t see it that way at all.
Are you saying he should not have been doing everything he could to win those games? Can you imagine how he would be perceived by the fans if he didn’t?

Seems he’s either damned if he does or damned if he doesn’t.

Tago was available
Should of pushed for more backs prior to season starting..Everyone on here was saying we are thin there.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
the club wanted to keep blaize and i think they were very shocked with the outcome
Ryles gave a fair explanation of why he left, and in light of that it shouldn't have been a shock. In his interview he indicated Talagi saw himself as a five-eighth, which is where he played the majority of his junior career. Since we already have a very expensive five-eighth it makes sense that we couldn't accommodate Talagi. Meanwhile the club he chose is losing a very expensive five-eighth of its own. It all makes a lot of sense. Talagi won't even have to leave his mum's house.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
im still shocked they offered a option. 1 year with a player option???? at that point you know where the kids head is at.

This club acts scared and i think player managers can smell it from a mile away.
The player was off contract, and no doubt keen to test the market. If we hadn't offered one year with PO he was free to leave at the end of the year anyway. And if we had carried on like sooks and stuck him in Flegg he would've left for sure with no chance of ever returning.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So far the options for Blaize, Dunster and Matterson haven’t worked out well for the club. The other options will all kick in over the next year or two. Brown will only take up his if he fully tears the rest of his ACL.
Dunster hasn't worked out well, but Talagi's PO turned out to be a non-factor. Matterson has taken up his option despite us supposedly wanting to move him on (I actually think we wanted to get rid of one of him, Lane or RCG, not all three) but Matterson will still be in our top 17. He is still one of our best forwards. It's no big deal. Only Dunster's PO has bitten us on the arse, and that's the risk you take.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm so glad BAs gone

I am too.

Not because he was a bad coach per-se, (although I don't think he was anything special), it was because he had served his time, was given 11 chances to bring us success, had time to mold the squad into his own, and implement his philosophies and build the club to continue success into the future.
Unfortunately for him and us fans and the club, he (and the club) just couldn't take us to that next level on a consistent basis and to be honest if ever at all.
There's not many coaches that get 11 years of this opportunity to do this at the one club with the lack of success that was produced.
100% I would give up BA'S supposed great year in 2022 and a GF for a change of coach in 2018 or 19.
Loyalty (and hindsight) is easy. I understand that.
Honestly, the writing was on the wall way back then. IMO.
Yet, we've all just endured another 5 more years of an unacceptable premiership drought.
What a waste of time those years were.

Latest posts