What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We had lost reed, papalii, niukore, kaufusi all in late 2021. The narrative at the time was the club was in crisis and the premiership window was shutting. Getting matto over the line at the time was a huge relief and Dylan for Christmas was massive for the club. Imagine if we had another offseason of losing guys like brown, Moses etc.

If you don't think player managers leveraged that situation for the best outcomes for them and their clients...
You need to think about why we lost those players if keeping them was as simple as giving them whatever they asked for.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Because we were in a better bargain position..... like I said
You seem to think we’re in a better bargaining position now than we were at the end of 2022, since none of our recent contracts have player options. Where’s your logic? We suck now. Hardly a great bargaining position. At the end of ‘22 we had just made the finals for four straight years. The last time we did that was 2001.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah but guys like Martin and sorreson are out and out edge players.
Not that it means a lot, but Williams is listed as a second rower on his official profile:
Hopgood, Williams, matto (I'd rather him in the middle) aren't suited to the edges.
Penrith's middles are all fairly lightweight as well:

MerkinListed weight (kg)
Eisenhuth111
Leota107
Yeo106
Smith106
Henry105
Fisher-Harris103

Swapping RCG for Williams we are now closer to this more mobile ideal, but still much heavier than the Panthers:

MerkinListed weight (kg)
Paulo123
Ofahengaue113
Lane110
Matterson107
Hopgood102
Williams98

If anything, Williams balances these giants out. I think our starting edge forwards will be Cartwright and Tuilagi (also big edge forwards). Matterson and Lane will probably be the backups, along with Guymer and Doorey.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To me it suggests AMS won't be in NSW cup. Joash is a fullback
*jahash

2RVzXK.gif

Glenneel

Bench
Apparently we've signed Jack Williams from the Sharks for 3 years.

Who the f**k is Jack Williams?????
The 28-year-old who has been an integral part of Cronulla's forward pack since debuting in 2018, making 124 appearances for the club at NRL level at both middle and edge. Maybe another edge forward as we're a bit skinny there.

Gronk

Staff member
The 28-year-old who has been an integral part of Cronulla's forward pack since debuting in 2018, making 124 appearances for the club at NRL level at both middle and edge. Maybe another edge forward as we're a bit skinny there.
I think we were looking at him a few years ago ? Anyway he brings a good attitude. A straight up n down player. No baggage and apart from a horror 2022, it looks like he's not a croc.

1727823569790.png

Latest posts