What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench

Only To'o and Luai were recruited from the local catchment. And Cleary who moved there from NZ with his dad. The rest were scouted from NZ or country NSW. But it's not just about recruitment, you need to retain them at a good price as well.
What is missed by many and definitely in this simplistic rendition, is that Panthers didnt just "scout" from Country NSW, the Panthers group bought clubs (Like Panthers Bathurst) throughout the western Country NSW and once there enmeshed in the local communities. Effectively making kids from Bathurst / Mudgee / Forbes etc their juniors.

Panthers didnt "scout" juniors from western NSW, they joined their communities.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I just saw they now expect the squad to all live in Port Moresby. f**king insane. Who would want to live there unless they were massively overpaid?
Got a relo working there, living in Port Moresby.....was to going visit them next year. Started researching a trip there, f**k that...not going. Way to much hassle...dangerous.....and the stories our relo has told us....aren't a good place.....

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
The entire change of board over time will in the end be a good thing.

In my view, there was always a conflict of interest between the original Board and the current CEO, as it was the current CEO who was part of the panel who appointed the original board members.

It would've been difficult to even remotely think of sacking the bloke who you owe your gig to, and who you then ultimate decided to give the job to...

All a bit too nepotism-like for mine.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What is missed by many and definitely in this simplistic rendition, is that Panthers didnt just "scout" from Country NSW, the Panthers group bought clubs (Like Panthers Bathurst) throughout the western Country NSW and once there enmeshed in the local communities. Effectively making kids from Bathurst / Mudgee / Forbes etc their juniors.

Panthers didnt "scout" juniors from western NSW, they joined their communities.
Either way, it sounds expensive

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The entire change of board over time will in the end be a good thing.

In my view, there was always a conflict of interest between the original Board and the current CEO, as it was the current CEO who was part of the panel who appointed the original board members.

It would've been difficult to even remotely think of sacking the bloke who you owe your gig to, and who you then ultimate decided to give the job to...

All a bit too nepotism-like for mine.
Do you reckon there’s any nepotism at the Roosters? Nepotism is a mechanism for maintaining trust. And any business transaction that leverages personal relationships is going to look like nepotism.

Chipmunk

Coach
Do you reckon there’s any nepotism at the Roosters? Nepotism is a mechanism for maintaining trust. And any business transaction that leverages personal relationships is going to look like nepotism.
Has someone ever been on a panel to select an entire new board at the Roosters ever then turned around and been offered the job of CEO of the Roosters by that board he has just given their jobs to?

Latest posts