What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Perth will happen, the NRL are not stupid. It’s been crying out for a team for years. And they will be the next franchise followed by Central Queensland. The last franchise should be in NZ.

PNG is stupidity. The Government using the NRL to get one back on the Chinese is like a mouse trying to f**k an elephant.
Reading the articles, regarding WA, it was basically PV wasn't happy with the lowball offer to the NRL for the licence, along with the last min new investors in it (Peter Smith the Kings owner). He didn't want them profiting from the NRL.

NRL is now negotiating directly with the WA government.

It will happen.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Wests Tigers have signed and promoted a merkin straight from HM to top 30.

So, is he THAT good, or did his manager force this on the club ?

Google says on 26/9 he was selected to play NZ schools tour for AU Rugby.

I might be reading it incorrectly, but to me the accompanying article (whilst vague and containing misleading headlines) also says that "Heamasi will move into Wests Tigers top 30 in 2026".

I think this means he is development next year and THEN full time squad in '26 when he will be at least 18 (as the article claims he is 17 now).

Not quite HM to NRL but still a pretty rapid rise!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Don't forget the Tigers are in a very different position to other clubs. You got a good young kid coming through, as the Tigers, you're going to have to pay more to keep them

they'll give him a chance, but will he stay ?

Chipmunk

Coach
Wests Tigers have signed and promoted a merkin straight from HM to top 30.

So, is he THAT good, or did his manager force this on the club ?

Google says on 26/9 he was selected to play NZ schools tour for AU Rugby.

The NRL rules say you have to be 18 to play NRL, so it would be difficult to do. I assume you can have a Top 30 contract without 'playing NRL'? Or his contract doesn't start until he turns 18 (which could potentially be early January).

Chipmunk

Coach
PNG will be attractive to younger players wanting to make a break in the NRL and players at the twilight of careers.

with the aus gov building a compound for the players and their families, it will essentially be rent and utility free, resort style living plus tax breaks for 9 months of the year. These players won’t be out and about on the streets of Port Moresby without being flanked by guards.

you look at players who come 2028 will be in the last 2 years of their careers and they’ll be the main targets, along with a bunch of squad NRL players who are willing to take a chance. No players with kids needing to go to school will be heading over there to put their kids in the PNG education system
Why would they only get the tax breaks for 9 months of the year?

I suspect they will be paying tax in PNG...like the Warriors players do in NZ?

Latest posts