What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Possibly….depending I guess what interest he attracts. The less the club have to pay the better and they might be able to nab another player when the inevitable November 1 circus begins.

The only club I could seeing being interested is the Dragons. Surely the Tigers won’t replace Bula with Gutho. Maybe the Dogs might take a punt?
Is it possible he isn’t seen as a first choice fullback by any club? He’s a smart, high effort player with utility value. He might be too slow for fullback but he isn’t slow. There’s still plenty of space for him in the modern game.

Arbitaar1

Juniors
Is it possible he isn’t seen as a first choice fullback by any club?
Quite possible.

His problem is his age and his body is failing him.

Go through all the clubs. I can only think of maybe one or two where he would be an upgrade and they don’t have someone coming through that is going to be better than him.

Storm- Papenhuyzen, Falago no
Penrith- Edwards no
Roosters- Teddy no
Sharks - Kennedy No
Cowboys - Drinkwater no
Dogs - Tracey - Maybe
Sea eagles- he is behind Turbo but cover for when he gets injured and origin
Knights - Ponga No
Raiders- maybe to mentor their young fullbacks?
Phins- hammer and fuller no
Dragons - Sloan who can’t tackle- big chance
Broncos - Walsh - no chance
Warriors - doubt he will leave Aus but even then rts and charnze so no
Titans- Campbell, kini
Souths - Latrell no
Tigers bula no

realistically I’d say either dogs or dragons likely targets.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Quite possible.

Go through all the clubs. I can only think of maybe one or two where he would be an upgrade and they don’t have someone coming through that is going to be better than him.

Penrith- Edwards no
Roosters- Teddy no
Sharks - Kennedy No
Cowboys - Drinkwater no
Dogs - Tracey - Maybe
Knights - Ponga No
Titans- Campbell, kini
Souths - Latrell no
Tigers bula no

Fuller has done his ACL playing for Redcliffe against Norths in the QRL GF. The Phins might be a chance and move Hammer to the Centres.

Stormy36

Juniors
Quite possible.

Penrith- Edwards no
Roosters- Teddy no
Sharks - Kennedy No
Cowboys - Drinkwater no
Dogs - Tracey - Maybe
Knights - Ponga No
Titans- Campbell, kini
Souths - Latrell no
Tigers bula no

He is better than at least 7 of them

Gronk

Staff member
Bit of a bomb shell there. Will put some fans offside. Apparently Gutho to utility was a serious proposal from Ryles, I thought just reporter scuttlebutt.
I think what is more realistic is the possibility that he might make a move if he can secure a Reg contract. The utility role is temporary for him, and in fact, might impact his contract value externally if he goes down that path. Very hard to demand top coin when you are playing a Connor Watson role at your current club.

hindy111

Post Whore
Another club that would benefit from using him the way JR seems to have in mind for him is Manly. Could cover halves, 13 and 9 there too.... Would be kind of romantic for him to return to his beloved Sea Eagles for a swansong....

And they win the title with JA on the bench playing a cameo role scoring the winning try.

hindy111

Post Whore
Nobody is giving Gutherson a 3yr contract.
He may get 2yrs. If I was him I'd go to the UK. If he plays here and Ryles has him at 14 his value will plummet.
I reckon he would get 550-600k x 3 yrs at UK. My guess is he is on around 850k. We will have to chip in perhaps 150-200k. Yes less then his contract but he gets to take a new one. Happy to do that.

In the NRL at best he'll be offered 500k x 2 yrs. I reckon we would need to be chipping in 350k. I can't see him taking any less for 2025 as only will get a 1yr deal extra.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Nobody is giving Gutherson a 3yr contract.
He may get 2yrs. If I was him I'd go to the UK. If he plays here and Ryles has him at 14 his value will plummet.
I reckon he would get 550-600k x 3 yrs at UK. My guess is he is on around 850k. We will have to chip in perhaps 150-200k. Yes less then his contract but he gets to take a new one. Happy to do that.

In the NRL at best he'll be offered 500k x 2 yrs. I reckon we would need to be chipping in 350k. I can't see him taking any less for 2025 as only will get a 1yr deal extra.
Dragons will offer him a 3 year deal on the basis he will be there from 2025 to 2027 the sticking point will be how much will we chip in for his 950k next year.

The Dragons would want to be covering at least 700k next year for us to release him i would have thought. So we only cover the 250k max on the cap next year. There is no way we should be chipping in 400k next year for him to play for the dragons.

Were already chipping probs around 200-250k for RCG.

eel01s

Bench
If Gutho leaves it will be because he gets a RCG type offer for three years. He may even have to accept a pay cut for next year with no top up from us in order to get it (as RCG allegedly has).

Latest posts