What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
SHOOSH II

Which Brisbane Broncos old boy sent an expletive-laden text message to one of the club’s senior figures following the decision to sack coach Kevin Walters. The decision hasn’t gone down well with some of the former players. Nor has the text message with Broncos powerbrokers. And no it wasn’t big Gordie.
Who would this be Glenn Lazarus, Shane Webcke ???

We truly are the Broncos of the West.

We are both now mediocre shit and have old boys thinking they run the club.

Pazza

First Grade
If we can get the Dogs to release Samrani early to come and be a backup here, he will also be a reject. And no younger than these guys when we signed them:

Asi
Doorey
Greig
Hands
Miller-Stephen
Moretti
Perham
Rodwell

Just because a merkin is young doesn't mean he will become a first grader.

Where does samrani sit on the bell curve????

Stevie

Bench
Haven’t been in here as I’ve been neck deep in Bathurst. Just a comment on Harry Grant. If anyone thinks we are any chance of luring him to our club you are clearly needing a head assessment.

He’s captain of a wonderful club and Australian vice captain. He is absolutely no chance of leaving Storm.

no amount of money could temp him he’d be a 3 party dreamboat and WELL supported financially outside his salary because of his stature.

Chipmunk

Coach
Dragons skipper Ben Hunt eyes NRL open market as he claims club ‘doesn’t seem overly keen to keep me’
Ben Hunt has sensationally claimed the St George Illawarra club he captains “doesn’t seem overly keen to keep me” as he prepares to hit the open market.

“I definitely want to play beyond next year,” Hunt said.
“I’m still feeling good in myself and I feel like I can contribute.
“We’ve had that discussion earlier in the year and it went away. They don’t want to offer me anything so I’ll go to November 1 and see what happens.
“I haven’t shut the doors on anything. The Dragons said they were keen to extend me around April and then they said they’d wait until after Origin.
“Now they want to see how I’m playing next year. It’s all gone quiet and they don’t want to do anything. Doesn’t sound like they are overly keen to keep me.
“It may be in Queensland or somewhere else. I’ll just wait and see. “

SIGNING GUTHO
The Dragons have bought some much-needed experience in the likes of Valentine Holmes and Damien Cook to help ease the leadership burden on Hunt.
They are also in the mix to sign Clint Gutherson who was granted permission to talk with rival teams for 2026. Hunt said the Dragons should pounce.
“He would be an asset,” Hunt said.
“He is a great competitor. There’s talk of moving him to centre or five-eighth. I think we could sign him to play six.
“He is a real organiser and an experienced guy who could slot in there.”

I say Benny boy...I think we know what the Dragons will be doing with your contract money.

Gutho fullback in 2025, mentor Sloan for 1 year on how to defend at fullback, before Gutho moves into 6 and Flanno has his young bloke play 7...

Pazza

First Grade
Haven’t been in here as I’ve been neck deep in Bathurst. Just a comment on Harry Grant. If anyone thinks we are any chance of luring him to our club you are clearly needing a head assessment.

He’s captain of a wonderful club and Australian vice captain. He is absolutely no chance of leaving Storm.

no amount of money could temp him he’d be a 3 party dreamboat and WELL supported financially outside his salary because of his stature.

It's a football forum, we gotta talk about something.

Maybe we can go back to talking about POs, that was fun.

It's Oct 12 and no one has taken up their option....

Eelogical

Referee

What about if we offer him a tinnie and some oars? The cost of living is real.

Stevie

Bench
IMG_6369.jpeg
Not sure I’ve ever mentioned this before. But an old lady randomly gave my mum a dusty unopened bottle of port as she had loads and was going to throw it out.

I have it saved in my man shed and think it’s amazing it’s called “Para” and it’s from 1947. Apologies if anyone has identified this before but I swore I’d crack it open in 22 if we won but it wasn’t to be. I mostly hate port however I’ve never cleaned the dust off and it’s a great addition besides by retro jerseys etc.
(FYI that’s a stock photo mine is in the cave and I’m lazy).

Is anyone a port drinker? Has the name / Vintage been mentioned on here before?

Latest posts