What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Papalli is a good get....

Thank God we had the year we did.... a blessing in disguise

This I the most excited I've been since the Brian Smith days in regards to the new season.

If BA were still here you could bet your left testicle we'd be trotting out the same team bar a few turds that need polishing.
He brought in Lomax and wanted to keep Talagi ffs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah he brought in lomax and attempted to tie him up with a coaching clause,
It's the player who wanted the coaching clause. Not because he gave a shit about the coach, but because it gives him a free option to go back to market.
and he wanted talagi at fullback, a 5/8 who has no idea at the position and can't catch a bomb
Well fullback was our only chance of keeping him. His skills are far too good (i.e. expensive) for centre, and we already had a five-eighth who Arthur brought into first grade as a teenager.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
It's the player who wanted the coaching clause. Not because he gave a shit about the coach, but because it gives him a free option to go back to market.
Exactly.....Lomax didn't come here cause BA was the coach...so don't credit BA for his signature...but BA was the one enticing him with the coaching clause from what I've heard...otherwise, lomax would be tearing up the contract the moment BA was sacked

Last edited:

Johnny88

Juniors
SINNER
They could walk Sydney’s streets in relative anonymity, but GWS players made headlines this week for all the wrong reasons. Their Wacky Wednesday costumes and behaviour – highlighted by Josh Fahey dressing up as former NRL player Jarryd Hayne and simulating sex acts – was poor.
SHOOSH
Stand by for another raid on rugby by a Sydney NRL club. Talks are in their infancy but if it comes off it will be another blow to union in this country.
SHOOSH
Which NRL coach recently celebrated his birthday with a boat party?
SHOOSH
Which experienced NRL forward is not expected to be at his club next season, despite being contracted and having played more than 20 games this year for the top 8 side?
SPOTTED
Former Sydney Roosters and South Sydney star Craig Wing enjoying the Cold Chisel concert at Sydney Olympic Park.
SPOTTED
Newcastle forward Jack Hetherington ‘glamping’ at Crescent Head.
SPOTTED
Brisbane chair Karl Morris and chief executive Dave Donaghy in Tokyo where they were signing a long-term deal with sporting goods giant Asics.

SPOTTED
Ex-Sharks and Eels half Adam Dykes is continuing to kick goals in the Sutherland Shire. Dykes is opening his second Tribe Social Fitness next year after the success of the Taren Point gym.

DRAGONS CIRCLE WISHART
Melbourne are ready to open talks with Tyran Wishart over a contract extension amid talk that St George Illawarra continue to circle one of their most versatile players.
Wishart has another year remaining on his contract as well as a club option for 2026 but the Storm have been so happy with his form, they want to extend his deal beyond that.
Wishart was a mainstay of the Storm’s grand final outfit this season, playing 26 games across a variety of positions – he played the majority of games off the interchange bench but also started at five-eighth, halfback and hooker.
There have been ongoing rumours that the Dragons have been eyeing him off given he is an Illawarra junior, who grew up playing for the Gerringong Lions.
SEA EAGLES SWOOP ON DOG
Manly has handed former Canterbury Bulldogs forward Chris Patolo a lifeline as the club looks to add depth outside its top 30 squad.
The Sea Eagles will give Patolo a train-and-trial contract and an opportunity to prove that he can extend his NRL career beyond the 27 top grade games he has played.
Manly has used train-and-trial and minimum wage deals with success in recent years, with former NSW Origin forward Nathan Brown arriving at the club last off-season in a similar situation before being upgraded.
The Sea Eagles see the upside in recruiting Patolo.
They have signed experienced utility Michael Chee Kam to their supplementary list and want to do the same with ex-Warriors half Ronald Volkman, but need to create cap space to do so.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exactly.....Lomax didn't come here cause BA was the coach...so don't credit BA for his signature...
I didn't credit him for the signature. Coaches don't sign players ffs. We've been through this.

The reason I mentioned Arthur wanting Lomax was because you said he didn't want any better players and you were wrong.
but BA was the one enticing him with the coaching clause from what I've heard...otherwise, lomax would be tearing up the contract the moment BA was sacked
If the player didn't want a coaching clause, he wouldn't have asked for it. The coach doesn't get a say in clauses. He just says which players he wants and what he thinks they're worth, so the club doesn't overpay.

Latest posts