What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Whingers and Occasional Optimism XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
exactly we won't be linked to another half and no smoke about another half just yet so I stand that with the current info. We do have, it's either Norman or whoever we have in our ranks. Until Norman gets picked off say by the chooks, then info comes out that we're after someone else then it's that person or who have left

Norman, Kelly and Cornish are all off contract. At the moment none of them are Eels players next year any more than off contract players like Cronk and Brooks.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/bd152f0321c5dd420d13d7f9eee2e20d

EELS

ANTHONY Watmough is training daily on his chronic knee injury in a desperate bid to save his career.

Watmough faces a lengthy stint on the sidelines, but the former Test and Origin star refuses to give up on a return to the field.

Watmough’s manager George Mimis is keeping a close eye on the forward’s progress, hopeful the knee injury won’t end his client’s career.

That said, Mimis is also being realistic and will look to plan the back-rower’s post-football options if he fails to recover.

The current Collective Bargaining Agreement also protects the income of players, which will ensure Watmough receives a significant pay-out if he is forced to retire with two years remaining on his contract.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d/news-story/dde85254d5f8b86d33c47bd9742413ab

NICK SAYS NO TO AMERICAN DREAM

Roosters boss Nick Politis is in the US, which just happens to coincide with Jarryd Hayne’s return to pre-season training at the San Francisco 49ers.

Politis insists he is there on car business and not to have talks with the Hayne Plane about joining the struggling Roosters. Hayne’s future will be determined on June 4 when he returns to Australia for a three-week break. He will know by then if he is still wanted at the 49ers under new coach Chip Kelly or whether to accept the Roosters’ offer.

yy_cheng

Coach
Norman, Kelly and Cornish are all off contract. At the moment none of them are Eels players next year any more than off contract players like Cronk and Brooks.

I have already mentioned that. However, it is easier to keep Kelly than get one of cronk or Brooks

Dibs

Bench
NO.....Kelly should never ever b an option again, to ur disappointment I'm guessing.

I think you misunderstand Pou. I have argued with him about Kelly, however one thing we both agree on is that he is not a first choice half. Pou believes he is an adequate back up based on his defence. I claim that his passing game and to a lesser extent his kicking game is not good enough for even a back up. I am confident in saying Pou does not want Kelly as our starting half next year. In fact he doesn't even want him to play first grade this year as that means foran or Norman are not available.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm not convinced Kelly would come in for Norman either. I reckon the left footer Cornish is Corey Norman's backup, though the second tier salary cap might keep Cornish out, depending on how late in the season Norman needed to be replaced.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought that might be an option. Morts is a better player than when he left us, and with his age and experience he offers plenty now. He was the 17th best player in a squad that finished first and won the premiership, plus he has utility value. Also we're probably still paying for him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lol...

Morts is at best an adequate 14 at NRL level but he's not a regular 6 or 7..if he was ever our best options there again than we'd have massive issues.

If we lose normie than we must look at Moses, brooks, Keary or even marshal as serious options.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lol...

Morts is at best an adequate 14 at NRL level but he's not a regular 6 or 7..if he was ever our best options there again than we'd have massive issues.

If we lose normie than we must look at Moses, brooks, Keary or even marshal as serious options.

I was thinking of him as a hooker option, with versatility as a halves backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts