What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours from the golf course.

roboshark

Coach
Was playing in a charity golf match in Sydney today with many ex-players and coaches.

A reliable source was recently playing a round with Stuart and he overheard some conversations on the mobile about some player movements.

They are trying to do a swap with the Gold Coast - Albert for Chris Walker.

Stuart is also aware that his days as "supercoach" are numbered.

Inferno

Coach
lol hard to swap with Chris walker not being signed with anyone, but why swap him at all. Release him and cut our losses ffs.

Macca

Coach
I was playing in the group in front of Stuey on Monday. . . . I heard a rumour that Stuey sunk a long birdie putt.

roboshark

Coach
I'm relaying these messages to Sam as I am still on my way home from Sydney.

I know it sounds strange to be "swapping" these players when Walker hasn't signed with anyone but maybe he is in talks with them.

Will report more when I eventually get home.

jc155776

Coach
Walker would be an astute buy. His games for the Storm were solid this year and seems to be a little better defensively. Will come in and do some dirty work too and look for the ball as well...

OmniShark

Juniors
roboshark said:
Stuart is also aware that his days as "supercoach" are numbered.
Good !!!

Maybe he'll do the honourable thing and fall on his sword, rather than waiting for the inevitable bullet.
But then again it is Raper we're talking about ...

PJ

First Grade
Why would he Omni? If he quits the Sharks don't have to pay him. If they sack him he can get money from them either as a payout or a settlement.

coolumsharkie said:
Geezus man :sarcasm: , do you always have to speak in code like sentences?

Carry on.

SHENANIGANS I SAY.

Meaning.. I call "bullsh*t" on this entire thread.

Meaning.. I dunna believe it.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
++ Gregos v.4 said:
SHENANIGANS I SAY.

Meaning.. I call "bullsh*t" on this entire thread.

Meaning.. I dunna believe it.

I believe it has legs. Albert has been chasing a release for weeks.

The people overheard by robo could have meant a Gold Coast team - as in a feeder Walker is running around with.

OmniShark

Juniors
PJ said:
Why would he Omni? If he quits the Sharks don't have to pay him. If they sack him he can get money from them either as a payout or a settlement.

Yep, that's why I called it the honourable thing

After what he's done/hasn't done to the club over the past 2+ years, he should be ashamed to expect a settlement for next year (even though that's what will happen in reality)

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Just made a call. Was told the below could be the scenario.

Turner -> stay at Storm
Walker -> go to Titans to replace Turner
Swap Albert for Walker after that deal is done.

Latest posts