What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Interested to see what happens with Tui for you guys. Was hoping he would have cemented a spot for himself in first grade by now.

Might have to transition to hooker or outside backs

Clifferd

Coach
Interested to see what happens with Tui for you guys. Was hoping he would have cemented a spot for himself in first grade by now.

My opinion of him is he is a five eighth. He played some brilliant footy at the back end of last year playing there when given free reign

I think personally his effort plays have been crap though maybe that’s why he’s out of favour. Little stuff like not pushing up in support etc

His future with us will depend on what benji does next year imo

Clifferd

Coach
A9A18B16-773F-4022-9CF9-326529FE6610.jpeg

Interesting comments from Gould regarding Cleary

I still think Nathan In his mind would want to win a premiership with Penrith before coming here. Their premiership window is wide open and it could very well happen this year or next.

Tigerm

First Grade
Based on what we have been told Mbye is being paid, the first 2 years are really cheap and the next 2 are at full price, so the way I am looking at it, we are paying him for 3 years and getting 1 year for free, with the payments spread over 4 years.

Tigerm

First Grade
Is there anyone else we would interested in from the Dog's? I think the Morris twins are worth a look at.

Been playing injured, last week was his first game unhindered by injury I think. Quiet in the first half but had heavy involvement in the second half with a big hand in two tries.

No reference to any payment details/arrangements on the app article. It’s a very bland piece to be honest:

Cleary and Pascoe happy that he will be with us from next year

Bulldogs state they are happy to provide MBye with a release.

That’s pretty much it.

Bulldogs want to give a release because they probably need to frontload contracts to stay out of the shit next year. Don't they have $800K to sign 13 players?

They're not making the finals so it'd be doing them the favour. If we don't bring him over this year we can frontload his contract with our cap space this year so he's playing for less at the end.

View attachment 20422

Interesting comments from Gould regarding Cleary

I still think Nathan In his mind would want to win a premiership with Penrith before coming here. Their premiership window is wide open and it could very well happen this year or next.

Two things: either Gould has resigned himself to the fate that if Nathan wants to play under Ivan he will and there's no point sulking about it, or he knows that Penrith are on the cusp of some silverware and Nathan will want to be a part of it.

While I'd love if he came to us it'd be a shame if he gave up a premiership to come to us and it never comes to fruition with us.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Based on what we have been told Mbye is being paid, the first 2 years are really cheap and the next 2 are at full price, so the way I am looking at it, we are paying him for 3 years and getting 1 year for free, with the payments spread over 4 years.
yeah I think that would be close to the case.

It is unusual that there hasn't been any dollar figures mentioned. But if he signed for 2.6 million with the dogs chipping in $600k it would average out to $500 per year which is pretty cheap for a spine player.

Clifferd

Coach
Two things: either Gould has resigned himself to the fate that if Nathan wants to play under Ivan he will and there's no point sulking about it, or he knows that Penrith are on the cusp of some silverware and Nathan will want to be a part of it.

While I'd love if he came to us it'd be a shame if he gave up a premiership to come to us and it never comes to fruition with us.

Nathan can literally do whatever he wants, which is scary to think as a 20 year old he will become the hottest prospect on the market come around nov time

But nothing beats building a club from the bottom to the top around your best mates which Nathan Cleary has done. That is our main competition when it comes to getting his signature, although he could still be dirty on Gould giving his father the flick and this could be the ultimate revenge

Clifferd

Coach
Also on another note - Mbye was called into origin camp for qld...looks like we have an origin rep player on our hands :p

Tiger Ted

Bench
yeah I think that would be close to the case.

It is unusual that there hasn't been any dollar figures mentioned. But if he signed for 2.6 million with the dogs chipping in $600k it would average out to $500 per year which is pretty cheap for a spine player.
I really hope it’s not much more than that coz I have big question marks about mbye.We know hes a shit half(not implying we would ever use him there) & he is reasonably new to fullback role which is where we have bought him to play.Hopefully he develops into a super fullback for us but geez the jury is certainly out !

Tiger Ted

Bench
Nathan can literally do whatever he wants, which is scary to think as a 20 year old he will become the hottest prospect on the market come around nov time

But nothing beats building a club from the bottom to the top around your best mates which Nathan Cleary has done. That is our main competition when it comes to getting his signature, although he could still be dirty on Gould giving his father the flick and this could be the ultimate revenge
Totally agree & said as much to a mate y’day that our main competition is his loyalty to a young group of mates who r destined for big things.Albeit I think with the Cleary clan blood is thicker than water !

Das Hassler

Bench
I really hope it’s not much more than that coz I have big question marks about mbye.We know hes a shit half(not implying we would ever use him there) & he is reasonably new to fullback role which is where we have bought him to play.Hopefully he develops into a super fullback for us but geez the jury is certainly out !

With respect the jury's not out as far as Ivan Cleary is concerned....there's a lot of outstanding natural talent out there you would not want at your club ...they need talent...even if it's still unrealised ( i'll cite Brooks prior to '18) ..the right attitude...a team mindset and not least to be coachable ....apparantly Ivan wanted Mbye for 5 years so it would seem he has well and trully ticked those boxes in his book. Also possibly signals Ivan's desire to hang around longterm ...hope so

Also possibly signals Ivan's desire to hang around longterm ...hope so
I thought the same Das.

He's employed, his team is doing very well, he's building for the future and must be happy with his employers who it would appear are happy with what he is doing. So, I think that he'd be happy to see his son win a comp at Penrith (I think it will be this year).in the next 2 years and by then there will be no Benji and Brooks may have been given a run or 10 at 5/8 to see how he runs the team from there.

super_coach

First Grade
Brooks is off contract at the end of next year, so based non his 2018 form his asking price will near double. Sadly thats the price you pay for a n07/6 these days. So if we nail Cleary we will have a ton of cap tied up in both of them plus JR. That will than restrict our ability to bolster other positions.

Time will tell, but I think if we get Young Cleary we might be saying good bye to Brooks and I don't want that to happen