What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

I love the way Wests Tigers fans keep thinking Farah is the second coming. I’d probably want out to if the club forced me to sign players I didn’t want to coach.

Let’s hope Madge does the right thing and try to shift him out again.

Didn't want to coach? Whole thing smacked of a panic signing by Cleary because you couldn't take the best of Taylor, Godinet and McIllwrick and make a hooker between them.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Didn't want to coach? Whole thing smacked of a panic signing by Cleary because you couldn't take the best of Taylor, Godinet and McIllwrick and make a hooker between them.

Lol keep thinking Farah is going to save us just like all those other years - failure upon failure.

Tiger Ted’s previous post pretty much sums up Cleary wanted out when Farah came back. Make if it what you want.

Tiger05

First Grade
Let's go easy on the conspiracy theories. I'm basically 100% confident that Cleary wanted Robbie to sign with the club. I remember from his mouth stating he wanted Farah and Benji at the club and Robbie particularly was going to offer a lot when it comes to helping out Jacob Liddle.

Cleary left for money and the chance to coach his son. He had no respect for the club offering him a life line but he didn't leave because Robbie was re-signed.

Robbie was great at times last year. What annoys me about him is that at crunch time he hogs it and takes the wrong option. He is the opposite of a crunch time player.

Lol keep thinking Farah is going to save us just like all those other years - failure upon failure.

Tiger Ted’s previous post pretty much sums up Cleary wanted out when Farah came back. Make if it what you want.

Mate I never wanted Farah back purely on the public bullshit he pulled when they informed him that he could look elsewhere.

But blind Freddy could see that Farah was far superior to anything he had at his disposal. Stands to reason with the comments to the Panthers that Cleary thought that the group had overachieved.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Re: Reynolds going back to the Dogs.

Hell yeah, we should be all for that. But they (Canterbury) aren't stupid enough to take his whole contract sadly. We'd have to be subsidising a fair chunk one would think.

WT2K

Juniors
THE Wests Tigers may yet throw Jarryd Hayne a 2019 lifeline as the NRL star continues to sweat on his future at Parramatta.
Tigers chief executive officer Justin Pascoe has kept the door ajar for Hayne to join the joint venture next season, admitting they had the salary cap space to fit in the two-time Dally M Medallist.

Hayne, 30, told AAP that he was resigned to leaving the Eels after a frustrating wait to earn a contract extension.

Parramatta’s NRL squad returns to training on Thursday but at this stage Hayne won’t be there as he is still without a contract for next season.

Asked if the Tigers could fit Hayne in under their cap, Pascoe told Sky Sports Radio: “We’ve got cap space there.

“We have two positions still to fill, we have 28 on our roster as we speak.

“We haven’t had any discussions about Jarryd at this point but he’s a quality player.”

The Eels have stated they still hoped to retain Hayne, but it is believed it is unlikely Parramatta can fit him in under their cap.

Hayne overcame a slow season start to become one of the Eels’ best, busting 32 tackles and scoring six tries in the last six games of the year.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/e45d157ca09def6b2360bf2a6bd8e536

Just saw that story....normally i'd be horrified but Maquire doesn't organise picnics. ...if he came he'd know a different reality

I'd take him at the right price. I think you would find that since he will get nowhere what he once thought he was worth it may humble him a bit.

Then again, it may not and he'll play with a poo face all year.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think the Hayne story is a non-story. It's just a journalist asking a question which results in more stories.

I reckon at the right price though he could be great. He is exactly what we need - a big fast skilful outside back. He is also a merkin of the highest order and risky because he consistently stuffs teams up.

Let's see what happens.

gordsy

Juniors
Why on earth would you even look at Hayne. He is a horrible choice. If only his ego and performance were reversed he'd be a gun

Tiger Ted

Bench
Why on earth would you even look at Hayne. He is a horrible choice. If only his ego and performance were reversed he'd be a gun
He wouldnt last 5 mins under Madge’s tough physical regime so I’d b shocked if he’d even b considered as a potential recruit.One of the many things I like about Madge is unlike most of the coaches who’ve had employment at concord he will impose accountability/kpi’s on the players & if a player like Packer continues to under deliver as he did under gus’s bootlicker the soft cock who plays favourites then Madge will swiftly demote him to Hodgos team.

stryker

First Grade
Jesus not Hayne...
He was shit for San Fran, shit for Fiji Rugby, shit fot Titans, average for Fiji League and shit for Parra.
Actually he may fit in here...sign him up and he can sit in rehab with McQueen and Reynolds counting their money for nothing and chicks for free.

General Stripes

Juniors
I love the way Wests Tigers fans keep thinking Farah is the second coming. I’d probably want out to if the club forced me to sign players I didn’t want to coach.

Let’s hope Madge does the right thing and try to shift him out again.

Havent heard 1 tigers fan say that he is any second coming.
He fit what we needed on the cheap at the time.

The flog Cleary was the one that sat down with him. He also had complete control so he wasnt forced to do anything.

Unlike his new job where he has to lick Guses boots on alternate days.

super_coach

First Grade
Cleary got Farah in after the penny final dropped that Taylor was not a no9, and yes we looked a much better team with Farah at 9. Basically Cleary costs us a spot in the eight, when he continued to stuff around with the no9

As for resigning him for 2019, I am not sure it’s a great idea. I would have preferred a younger and more agile mentor for Liddell like Seggy. Anyway at least you know Farah will give 100% every game

Pilot house

Juniors
Damien Cook. Madge recruited him for Souths.

And get on the phone to bloody lodge.

Otherwise, Bennett’s bringing some lads to Souths so some shredding over there next year.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
"Unlike his new job where he has to lick Guses boots on alternate days."

I'm starting to believe Gus has been the one bent over bigtime.....as the face of the club Nathan was unloseable for Penrith and Ivan knew it...Gus has emphasised many times that he had nothing to do with "the Ivan situation" and going by what's been said.. and perhaps more interestingly what HASN'T been said since he returned i think he may ( unbelievable as it might seem) be telling the truth this time.....i suspect Ivan's had his square up...and a 10 mill. one at that.....i'm guessing Gus doesnt really believe Ivan is rested enough for his liking but had no option but to say welcome home buddy.
Maybe way off here but it seems to tick all of the ( displayed) boxes

Pilot house

Juniors
"Unlike his new job where he has to lick Guses boots on alternate days."

I'm starting to believe Gus has been the one bent over bigtime.....as the face of the club Nathan was unloseable for Penrith and Ivan knew it...Gus has emphasised many times that he had nothing to do with "the Ivan situation" and going by what's been said.. and perhaps more interestingly what HASN'T been said since he returned i think he may ( unbelievable as it might seem) be telling the truth this time.....i suspect Ivan's had his square up...and a 10 mill. one at that.....i'm guessing Gus doesnt really believe Ivan is rested enough for his liking but had no option but to say welcome home buddy.
Maybe way off here but it seems to tick all of the ( displayed) boxes

An interesting twist to accepted beliefs.

I am not sure if the Hook sacking is consistent with it though. Ciraldo wasn’t ready.

All they did was play exactly like hooks sides did and then bowed out without so much as a whimper...

It was embarrassing for them and made gus look like an idiot

Das Hassler

Bench
An interesting twist to accepted beliefs.

I am not sure if the Hook sacking is consistent with it though. Ciraldo wasn’t ready.

All they did was play exactly like hooks sides did and then bowed out without so much as a whimper...

It was embarrassing for them and made gus look like an idiot

Yes but....."had to terminate Anthony Griffin's position as head coach immediately because Ivan was going to talk to the Tigers"....remember that ?..that never made any sense to anybody at the time but it kinda would if they were given a no time to think ultimatum . ...or at least an ultimatum was inferred ...(." Nathan goes to the Tigers or i come back on these terms and you have till tomorrow ") and made a panicked decision....the Cleary's...formerly humiliated and sleighted Ivan and squeaky clean SOO half ..boy next door Nathan held ALL the cards in this mini series from day one...they knew it and Gus would have...i think he's been checkmated.....go back and listen to the various comments and statements from that perspective and it nearly all adds up. Gould is an intelligent and experienced media operator...the pure volume of gobbledigook from him from Griffin till now just didn't add up...but maybe it does.
* For amusement purposes only

Last edited: