What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ron's_Mate

Bench
If Maguire thinks Wighton is a good fit then I'm happy to sign him. Similar type to Fergo I'm guessing, and he seems to have straightened out. Just have to keep them off the piss.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Plenty of players leave Canberra and go on to do great things, and most of them had discipline issues.

Wighton is young, lived in the same town his whole life, a change of scenery might be the kick up the arse he needs. If he is on offer I reckon give him a shot...not like there are any better centres on the market

Vic Mackey

Referee
Walker and the Roosters youngster- where does Marsters fit in?

Walker has only ever played on the right. Marsters has played left center for NZ and gone well. My guess is Esan will move there and Momirovski is next in line for center/wing. He’ll get his chance, it’s a long season.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we get Dylan Walker it would be a huge win for us. He would be playing Origin if Manly hadn't knocked around his development by thinking he was a 5/8.

If Martsters is happy to move to left edge then this could be absolutely lethal.

macnaz

Staff member
Marsters has dropped off a lot and seems to be getting a bit of a shitty attitude in my opinion... maybe he is getting a bit full of himself, so the competition will do him good.

WT2K

Juniors
Liddle offered contract from Bulldogs

Cook linked to tigers again

Both via Sydney Morning Herald

BrotherJim05

Bench
Marsters has dropped off a lot and seems to be getting a bit of a shitty attitude in my opinion... maybe he is getting a bit full of himself, so the competition will do him good.

Lol and where is this "shitty attitude" coming from? Name 3 instances where he has displayed a "shitty attitude" or seemed "full of himself"

BrotherJim05

Bench
These rumours are getting a bit out of hand - I'm hearing we have also tapped both McQueen and ET on the shoulder??

I'd rather we didn't pursue Cook, he's probably got a few years left in him but then what? We don't have any stand out number 9s coming through juniors (or do we)?

macnaz

Staff member
Lol and where is this "shitty attitude" coming from? Name 3 instances where he has displayed a "shitty attitude" or seemed "full of himself"
Have u been watching the test matches ?
I just feel his impact fell away over the year , he was taking the ball flat footed and stepping around like Benji and trying to look fancy and throwing offloads without committing defenders and against England he was getting into of the ball niggle etc.
He needs to get back to hitting the line with momentum and using his skills then.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade

He does it a bit. He scores and gives the opposing player a mouthful or does it when he tackles someone. On top of that his defence is pretty ordinary.

Good player but he could go the other way.

Tiger05

First Grade
These rumours are getting a bit out of hand - I'm hearing we have also tapped both McQueen and ET on the shoulder??

I'd rather we didn't pursue Cook, he's probably got a few years left in him but then what? We don't have any stand out number 9s coming through juniors (or do we)?

I'd rather us keep Liddle assuming he has a good year this year. The dogs are playing the cap game which I think will work out for them. Get good young players who aren't on a fortune and offer them good money but not established star money. I think they've realised the risk with paying big bucks for star players. It leads to an unbalanced squad and there are very few players in the game that have a massive impact on winning games by themselves.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Have u been watching the test matches ?
I just feel his impact fell away over the year , he was taking the ball flat footed and stepping around like Benji and trying to look fancy and throwing offloads without committing defenders and against England he was getting into of the ball niggle etc.
He needs to get back to hitting the line with momentum and using his skills then.

I think Marsters impact diminished when he found his way onto opposition coaches weekly cheat sheets. He needs to develop more than an inside step and offload as the better teams will slide and eat that up every time.

I dont think it was attitude, more likely the grind of week in week out NRL got to him at the back end of this year, hoping for a good year from him next year, but Momo is a handy back up and competition for spots will bring out the best in all of them.

Tiger05

First Grade
https://www.5thtackle.com/2018/11/1...3Kpl84hkWJyB5-3u59gGf6PO3GlKjDnwR_hOuIlnZuXAg

No idea of the accuracy of these rumours, but to summise:

OUT - E Taylor
OUT - McQueen

IN - Musgrove
IN - Manu Mau

RE-SIGNING - Brooks

If it comes to fruition then that's some great moves IMO.

I love ET but you can see why he is a player who could be released. I definitely wouldn't pay him to play elsewhere and he can add a lot to the squad but only if the rest of the pack is going forward consistently.

McQueen is a dud. Brooks re-signing is great.

Still - I think they take all that information off fan forums.