What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Ding dong, the warlock's gone.

BREAKING: Todd Greenberg resigns as NRL CEO

Maybe we will get some positive forward direction now.

Tigerm

First Grade
Not the time to chill, Phil
Give us your plan, man

Now hop on the bus Gus
And lets see you stand.
:D:D:eek:
Paul Simon-1975 (sort of)​

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
Good let’s get that loss out of the way

this Parra team on paper is arguably their best since the early 2000s, they should beat us with ease. We all know how much they flop under pressure though

I still think anything less than a GF qualifier for this Parra team is a failure

The unknown

Juniors
I was keen for JAC to come over, but with this latest incident, he is turning into a bit of dickhead.

Hanging out with Latrell seems to do that to people. He seems grounded if he just minds his own business in Melbourne

One thing for sure is Adds would be shitting bricks the next conversation he has with Bellamy.

Das Hassler

Bench
I was keen for JAC to come over, but with this latest incident, he is turning into a bit of dickhead.

I picked up a bit of a clue about a year or two ago listening to him being interviewed for the NTV footy show " Over The Black Dot" ...haven't quite seen him the same way since. He was asked what he liked away from football...included among his short list was " sluts" (with laughter)...i thought i was hearing things untill i saw the repeat later in the week...that it went pretty much unnoticed on late night NTV probably saved him a bit of grief...i wasn't offended by what he said ...just astounded at his stupidity for saying it during a TV interview. ..terrific player but seems he has a bit of boofhead in him.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
This was on the NRL site, but did not have an author noted. But some great names mentioned, though no current WT's players.

Wests Tigers, Balmain and Western Suburbs Team of the Century named.

The combined team was: Keith Barnes (c); Peter Dimond, Charles ‘Chook’ Fraser, Harry Wells, Alan Ridley; Vic Hey, Keith Holman; Wayne Pearce, Paul Sironen, Arthur Beetson, Steve Roach, Ben Elias, Noel Kelly. Reserves: Kel O’Shea, Jim Craig, Tom Raudonikis, Harry Bath. Coach: Norman ‘Latchem’ Robinson.

Balmain: Keith Barnes (c); Larry Corowa, Charles “Chook” Fraser, Jim Craig, Arthur Patton; Pat Devery, Arthur Halloway (c); Steve Roach, Ben Elias, Arthur Beetson, Paul Sironen, Harry Bath, Wayne Pearce. Reserves: Tom Bourke, Tim Brasher, Peter Provan, Bob Boland. Coach: Norman ‘Latchem’ Robinson

Magpies: Frank McMillan; Peter Dimond, Cliff Pearce, Harry Wells, Alan Ridley; Vic Hey, Keith Holman; John Donnelly, Noel Kelly, Tedda Courtney, Arthur Clues, Kel O’Shea, Les Boyd. Reserves: Bill Carson, Neville Charlton, John Dorahy, Tom Raudonikis. Coach: Roy Masters

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
This was on the NRL site, but did not have an author noted. But some great names mentioned, though no current WT's players.

The combined team was: Keith Barnes (c); Peter Dimond, Charles ‘Chook’ Fraser, Harry Wells, Alan Ridley; Vic Hey, Keith Holman; Wayne Pearce, Paul Sironen, Arthur Beetson, Steve Roach, Ben Elias, Noel Kelly. Reserves: Kel O’Shea, Jim Craig, Tom Raudonikis, Harry Bath. Coach: Norman ‘Latchem’ Robinson.

Balmain: Keith Barnes (c); Larry Corowa, Charles “Chook” Fraser, Jim Craig, Arthur Patton; Pat Devery, Arthur Halloway (c); Steve Roach, Ben Elias, Arthur Beetson, Paul Sironen, Harry Bath, Wayne Pearce. Reserves: Tom Bourke, Tim Brasher, Peter Provan, Bob Boland. Coach: Norman ‘Latchem’ Robinson

Magpies: Frank McMillan; Peter Dimond, Cliff Pearce, Harry Wells, Alan Ridley; Vic Hey, Keith Holman; John Donnelly, Noel Kelly, Tedda Courtney, Arthur Clues, Kel O’Shea, Les Boyd. Reserves: Bill Carson, Neville Charlton, John Dorahy, Tom Raudonikis. Coach: Roy Masters

Crikey, how long ago does 2008 seem when we had all those teams of the Century, there were a few great Lithographs made of both the Tigers and Magpies Teams Of The Century plus the combined one and then there were the Limited Edition Jerseys which were worth big $$$ pre Provid-19

WA Tiger

Bench

Those names for the combined team Paul Sironen , Wayne Pearce Ben Elias Steve Roche were ringing in my ears 30 odd years ago and Brasher but to a lesser extent..Someone here said Brasher deserved more acknowledgement as a Great well he got into the main team ..(No Garry Jack) I don’t know any of the others except Carawa I’ve seen him play on you tube during our healthy discussion on here recently so I know he was exceptional..apart from that noone..apart from Tommy R and Beetson who were before my time .. If I had to pick one it would be Sironen..He was 115kg big for back then.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors

Yeah, he was already going to be quite expensive, but now he's coming across as someone who doesn't have his head screwed on properly.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Well it seems his asking price is now under the 80% the players were after, would have loved to see him back home but after his I'm not so sure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

macnaz

Staff member
Yeah he can go to $ouffs now for all I care , such a shame I loved the bloke , he even made me follow the Storm :frowning2: just to watch him do his stuff .
I can only imagine his career declining from here on in if he looks to Latrene as some kind of role model. Josh was always very down to earth and his attitude has changed dramatically over the last 12 months and not for the better .. I wont go into his background but he is getting dragged back into a lifestyle he worked his way out off :(

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Everything indicates JAC is Souths bound when he can. He has been caught twice by police in the inner city- Glebe & Forest Lodge doing unwise things.

I cant get to the original article in the Daily Telegraph as its behind a paywall.

I suspect he has already fallen in with a South Sydney mob that is happy to use him up. JAC was never coming back to WT.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Everything indicates JAC is Souths bound when he can. He has been caught twice by police in the inner city- Glebe & Forest Lodge doing unwise things.

I cant get to the original article in the Daily Telegraph as its behind a paywall.

I suspect he has already fallen in with a South Sydney mob that is happy to use him up. JAC was never coming back to WT.

And today has another article on the 'mates' and their adventuresome boys club

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/l...a/news-story/650351dab2d8e65f80ebdde0206c86f7

Man, they're just part of a juvenile boys club. Never expected them to be Rhodes scholars but this accumulation of boys club behaviour certainly makes me think we dodged a bullet with LM and JAC would seem to be of same attitude.