What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Vic Mackey

Referee
What's everyone's thoughts on Ethan Lowe? I've always rated him and thought he would be a good fit at the Tigers. He's got a solid work-rate, can play 80 mins on edge, can kick goals and has big game experience. He's off contract in 2021 but I'm sure he would be able to leave early to get a regular starting spot with us for a couple of years.

2015-17 he was great, since then he’s been terrible

gordsy

Juniors
So we want to sign this guy because he's big and tall but he's unproven in grade and is coming off a busted foot and shoulder. Why are we in a rush to sign him especially when he is leaving Saint to play first grade (so he won't be happy with being in reggies at all for us) Surely we have better than him in our squad already ?

Last edited:

Front-Rower

First Grade
So we want to sign this guy because he's big and tall but he's unproven in grade and is coming off a busted foot and shoulder. Why are we in a rush to sign him especially when he is leaving Saint to play first grade. Surely we have better than him in our squad already ?

It’s like this love affair for Talau. Watching him in reggies last year and he was lazy. Definitely not first grade standard yet.

Front-Rower

First Grade
What are everyone’s thoughts on Ryan Hall? It’s pretty obvious he is only being used as a fill in at the Roosters and maybe a chance at regular first grade might be enough for him to secure a release.

The Rosco

Bench
What are everyone’s thoughts on Ryan Hall? It’s pretty obvious he is only being used as a fill in at the Roosters and maybe a chance at regular first grade might be enough for him to secure a release.
He is on a different planet to our wingers.
Big, strong, tall, fast, and runs straight.

BrotherJim05

Bench

Surely he's a better option than Jennings. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Mbye made some really good defensive plays but his runs were piss weak.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Im surprised no one else has taken him. He isn’t what he was 5 years ago but from what I’ve seen he’s still a decent first grader. The Roosters generally don’t stand in the way of guys who can get an opportunity elsewhere, he could fill a hole for the rest of the year before we (hopefully) get a long term left winger.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Im surprised no one else has taken him. He isn’t what he was 5 years ago but from what I’ve seen he’s still a decent first grader. The Roosters generally don’t stand in the way of guys who can get an opportunity elsewhere, he could fill a hole for the rest of the year before we (hopefully) get a long term left winger.
Does a job on the end of the Roosters Backline but if you think Jennings is slow then Hall won't be much quicker, especially after the ACL and then the dislocated knee back to back. Not good for a winger. Chuck him in the pigs, definitely big enough

Fordy20

Juniors
He'd be good, but hard to prise away from Newcastle.

I reckon we need a capable cheapie for a few years to make up for the cost of having Mbye, Reynolds and Packer on the books. Caleb Aekins comes to mind.

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon we need a capable cheapie for a few years to make up for the cost of having Mbye, Reynolds and Packer on the books. Caleb Aekins comes to mind.

They are all playing this weekend or at least currently they are listed as playing. If they play it's not that bad. If they perform there is no issue.

Those guys though we need off our books. I reckon Mbye is a great option in the team. His defence is great and I think he can do something in attack if he gets a chance. He though must be an overpaid centre and he isn't getting a top dollar contract unless there is massive improvement from him which is unlikely.

I don't think Reynolds or Packer deserve to make the top team on performance.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
the rumour is that Jason Saab kid from saints. 199cm and 100kg+.him and talau are best mates

from what I saw last year he was pretty horrible I think he’s only 18 and was playing for that clusterfck

I’m always a bit wary on kids who did well in juniors just because they’re bigger then everyone else
I think Saab would be a smart signing. We've had short wingers for years and been exposed. Tupou vs Nofoaluma comes to mind. Anthony Don made a goose of Jennings last weekend.

Saab and Corey Thompson have the same manager so you'd have to think it can't be a coincidence that both players are remoured to be on the move.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
What's everyone's thoughts on Ethan Lowe? I've always rated him and thought he would be a good fit at the Tigers. He's got a solid work-rate, can play 80 mins on edge, can kick goals and has big game experience. He's off contract in 2021 but I'm sure he would be able to leave early to get a regular starting spot with us for a couple of years.
No thanks. He's NRL standard but he'd demand Origin standard salary which he does not warrant.
Would be a like for like Chris McQueen replacement and we all know how well that signing played out. Do you reckon McQueen is still writing JT Christmas cards to thank him for offering such a generous contract?

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Titans have tabled Thompson a 3 year, 1.5mil deal. He’d be crazy not to take that.

on another note apparently Stefano was given the all clear to come to us this year, just need to free up a spot before June 30 (Thompson)
Where did you get the mail re Stefano?

I think Stefano coming in for Thompson would throw out our balance of backs v fowards.

We'd need to move on a forward to keep the balance right.

We might see a Dylan Smith or Sam McIntyre move on - they won't see any playing time in 2020 and ar off contract.

Tiger Ted

Bench
They are all playing this weekend or at least currently they are listed as playing. If they play it's not that bad. If they perform there is no issue.

Those guys though we need off our books. I reckon Mbye is a great option in the team. His defence is great and I think he can do something in attack if he gets a chance. He though must be an overpaid centre and he isn't getting a top dollar contract unless there is massive improvement from him which is unlikely.

I don't think Reynolds or Packer deserve to make the top team on performance.
Mbye offers nothing in attack.He is challenged when ball is in his hands.My only gripe with Madge until recently was electing him as captain.However Madge is beginning to display errors in judgement eg Benji should not have been dropped & putting the oxygen thief Jennings ahead of CT.With the multitude of changes made to the team the pressure on Madge is escalating.If we get flogged this wk I reckon Mary will receive respite from the press as they will go after Madge.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tex Hoy from the Knights. He’s only played 2 games but looked pretty good, and he’s not replacing Ponga out the back anytime soon

could be the answer to FB next year

I thought the exact same thing. Knights have Pearce, Watson and soon Ponga signed longterm. They’ve got Crossland earmarked as the future 5/8.

Hoy looks an out and out footy player. I get he loves the Knights but he won’t want to play off the bench forever.

1. Hoy
6. Douiehi
7. Brooks
9. Grant/Liddle/Simpkins

Would be a great spine moving forward

Tigerm

First Grade
LATEST: @WestsTigers star Benji Marshall has had a “social distancing incident” with a female reporter at Tigers training. The reporter has been sent for a COVID 19 test. A kiss on the cheek has resulted in Benji being separated from the team. @9NewsSyd
LMAO

The unknown

Juniors
Where did you get the mail re Stefano?

I think Stefano coming in for Thompson would throw out our balance of backs v fowards.

We'd need to move on a forward to keep the balance right.

We might see a Dylan Smith or Sam McIntyre move on - they won't see any playing time in 2020 and ar off contract.

mail was from a source on the other WT forums who I believe has contacts with the actual WT board of some measure.

Id welcome him or Saab with open arms, just releasing someone from our top 30 has to happen first.

I think Saab would probably help us more this year though.

Latest posts