What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Front-Rower

First Grade
We thought Jason Taylor was a dud. Couldn't wait for him to leave. Madge has a worse success rate than Taylor.
Is there a coach out there we could sign who might attract some quality players? Maybe Wayne Bennett then he can bring Benji back to us along with Reynolds.
Just while I have steam pouring out of my ears why did we decide Talau would be better to keep than signing Ado Carr? For F Sake !!!!!

Yes, Benji is going to solve all of our problems fmd the one of the biggest causes of most of our problems yet some of us want to keep bringing him back

Do you really believe it's Madge's fault?
Do you not give players any responsibility for there non effort?
I think he is doing his job but the players are not, the Souths game showed this.

https://www.nrl.com/tv/shows/game-plan/2021/the-fundamentals-of-try-line-defence/

No, I didn’t say it was all his fault.

But for whatever reason he’s not getting through to the players.

If he was, we’d have Souths-like performances every week.

There’s a seemingly fatal disjuncture or disconnect. That can just happen as a matter of circumstance. Unsuited.

So we either persevere or change it up. I think we need change.

I’m not looking for fault or blame at all.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
If we are getting rid of Madge then we should get both John Morris and Flanagan back together

I think Madge deserves to see out his contract until end of next year. If we are in the same bullshit then its time to move him on.

Best solution I have heard so far. Sure the sharks were on performance enhancing drugs but that wouldn't be enough to get us into the top 8. Flanagan must have had some talent as a coach, the players stood by him. I'm guessing he may be able to attract higher quality players than what Madge is able to.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Yes, Benji is going to solve all of our problems fmd the one of the biggest causes of most of our problems yet some of us want to keep bringing him back
I was being a little light hearted about the Benji comment but then again I think he is doing a better job than Brooks at the moment.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Do you really believe it's Madge's fault?
Do you not give players any responsibility for there non effort?
I think he is doing his job but the players are not, the Souths game showed this.

https://www.nrl.com/tv/shows/game-plan/2021/the-fundamentals-of-try-line-defence/
I so wanted Madge to succeed for a host of reasons & thought he’d be a great fit for this rabble.However the evidence is now overwhelming that he needs to move on.The players are not responding to him & we have been regressing each season under his helm.Our defence is diabolical & has been the worst in the comp since last season.He has made a no. of dreadful judgement calls the most unforgiveable one believing Brooks could own the team by extending his contract an extra 2 yrs.His win/loss ratio while at concord is telling.He might be a really nice guy but IMO his position is untenable.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I was being a little light hearted about the Benji comment but then again I think he is doing a better job than Brooks at the moment.
Benji’s 4 best years in first grade were when he played with a decent halfback alongside of him ie Prince and Lui (Lui may not be a world beater but he did the basics really well and got Marshall in to space).

Vozzy

Juniors
Benji as good as he is playing now never looked like that playing for us last year. He would still be better then what we have but he isn't the future no more it would only be short term fix but he hack to square 1 when he retires.

I'm happy to give Madge more time because the next coach will need 3 years again anyway. But if Madge wants to coach next year for me I want to see the form players in reserves given a shot first. Given Madden a crack before Hastings comes here not when it's too late.

The team needs enthusiasm and that would come with youth players.

I so wanted Madge to succeed for a host of reasons & thought he’d be a great fit for this rabble.However the evidence is now overwhelming that he needs to move on.The players are not responding to him & we have been regressing each season under his helm.Our defence is diabolical & has been the worst in the comp since last season.He has made a no. of dreadful judgement calls the most unforgiveable one believing Brooks could own the team by extending his contract an extra 2 yrs.His win/loss ratio while at concord is telling.He might be a really nice guy but IMO his position is untenable.

I think everyone wanted Madge to succeed and I’m sure he’s brought a lot of good things with him but between him and the squad it’s just not clicking on the park.

The players are unable to execute his game plan.

Put it down to irreconcilable differences, no fault and ensure his departure is as dignified as possible. He deserves that much. He’s doing his best.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think everyone wanted Madge to succeed and I’m sure he’s brought a lot of good things with him but between him and the squad it’s just not clicking on the park.

I don't want to sack the coach. I honestly think he should stay until at least the end of this season. In stating that our season is basically over and the squad has in my opinion improved for which Madge deserves credit.

The big point though is that we are shit on the park. There is no way we are a top 6 team but we should be competing for the 8. We aren't doing that.

Something isn't working. At the same time I don't like reactionary decisions.

Tigerm

First Grade
Fixed.

Tigers legend set for sensational NRL return (msn.com)

The embattled Wests Tigers are set for a major boost, with club legend Robbie Farah set to take up a role under Michael Maguire's coaching staff.

Nine's Michael Chammas reports the Tigers are currently waiting on the NRL to green light Farah's return, which could come as early as this weekend.

It is understood the 2005 premiership-winning Tiger will return as a trainer. That would allow Farah to don the blue shirt on game day, and run out onto the field during play to relay messages from the bench.

It's hoped Farah's experience and knowledge can help nudge the struggling franchise out of their 2021 nose-dive.

Fixed.

Tigers legend set for sensational NRL return (msn.com)

The embattled Wests Tigers are set for a major boost, with club legend Robbie Farah set to take up a role under Michael Maguire's coaching staff.

Nine's Michael Chammas reports the Tigers are currently waiting on the NRL to green light Farah's return, which could come as early as this weekend.

It is understood the 2005 premiership-winning Tiger will return as a trainer. That would allow Farah to don the blue shirt on game day, and run out onto the field during play to relay messages from the bench.

It's hoped Farah's experience and knowledge can help nudge the struggling franchise out of their 2021 nose-dive.

Is this from 2011?!

WA Tiger

Bench
So Farrah must have done all the certificates to be a trainer..He’s an angry man ..Heaps of knowledge and contacts with his side business ...Maybe there’s a small chance he may have stumbled onto his calling..He gets on well with everyone, including Madge and it wouldn’t be a subservient relationship. Farah could handle Madge... Most fans love him, he’s got a tigers heart. ..ok so WT seeing if hes any good and fast track him to senior coach ..if not then assistant to Morris? or Flanno although you’d think Flanno would want his own guy ..Then again if he wants the job Farrah might be an asset for Flanagan and anyway they’d prob work well together .

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
TIGERS SNARE ANOTHER ‘JIMMY THE JET’

WWOS claims the Tigers have signed try-scoring freak Jimmy Ngutlik.

He initially impressed as a rugby union winger with a lethal combination of speed and slick finishing but then switched codes to join the Redcliffe Dolphins.

He had previously been playing for ACT Premier Division side Wests Lions.

Ngutlik had been on the radar of a number of NRL clubs according to WWOS and is expected to start in the Tigers’ Jersey Flegg team shortly.

He has the nickname of ‘Jimmy the Jet’.

Hahaha, we may have 2 of them.