What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Shredder

Juniors
Do they have a decent FB? The only ones I would be interested in, would be JAC, TPJ and maybe the Pommy FR?

Unfortunately, they are going worse than us at present?
I know they are going worse than us, but they have some quality players.

I never rated Barrett after the way he left Manly and honestly if JAC had a get out clause who wouldn't take it up?

When he left Melbourne he was talking about wanting to play fullback as well.

A gamble yes, but if he sucks at 1 he slots back onto the wing.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hearing a strong rumour from the POM that we are set to table Angus Chrichton a 3 year deal at around 700-750k per season. Apparently Angus and Madge have a very strong relationship and he's keen to come back and play under Madge, however he wants some sort of assurances that Madge will be the coach (as there are still rumours floating around about Madge not seeing out his contract).

If this is true then holy f**king shit. Angus is definitely worth 750k and if he comes in backing Madge then it adds further starch to the squad buying in to his game plan.

Tigerm

First Grade
Hearing a strong rumour from the POM that we are set to table Angus Chrichton a 3 year deal at around 700-750k per season. Apparently Angus and Madge have a very strong relationship and he's keen to come back and play under Madge, however he wants some sort of assurances that Madge will be the coach (as there are still rumours floating around about Madge not seeing out his contract).

If this is true then holy f**king shit. Angus is definitely worth 750k and if he comes in backing Madge then it adds further starch to the squad buying in to his game plan.
Would be f**king awesome, just need a couple of backs and we have a team to compete?
Madge’s contract is up next year, will be an easy guarantee if we are travelling well, less so if we aren’t?
Go all in, I reckon 😜

Shredder

Juniors
I think we are still a couple of back rowers and centers skinny for next year.

If Madden goes we will need halves depth to.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we get Angus over the line then our next big priorities will be re-signing Hastings. He will be commanding a lot more money (and deservedly) so I'm sure this will factor in. We also will need to re-sign Laurie, but there are also rumours we are looking at Kade Dykes. Whatever happens, we need these positions sorted before end of year.

I feel like 2023 we will have all positions sorted apart from centre, despite us actually having a lot of centres on the roster. It will be a massive competition for those spots but if nobody can make them their own we will have to clear some deadweight and go to market

Tigers1986

Juniors
F*ck me if we get Crichton that would be huge. Api, Papali'i, Crichton, that's a damn good stock of cattle with Tawl, Stefano, Joe O, and our younger blokes in. We can allow Noffa to relax a tad, maintain Brooks/Jacko halves, Douehi in the centres with To'a and man, it's an exciting prospect.

Imagine still if JAC has a get-out clause for the Barrett coaching gig. Fox on the wing or at fullback would be insane.

Tigerm

First Grade
we have enough space to do both.

But I would be surprised if we end up with Angus although he would make our backrow something special
Don’t know, never thought about Angus as a signing, but if he is available, and likes Madge, then our money is as good as anyone else’s?
He should be able to see what we are building here is not a bad thing?

Tiger05

First Grade
Don’t know, never thought about Angus as a signing, but if he is available, and likes Madge, then our money is as good as anyone else’s?
He should be able to see what we are building here is not a bad thing?

We can definitely sign him. I reckon we are a good chance to get most players that want to remain in Sydney or thereabouts.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
What about the rumour coming out of Foxsports !! Gee they must all hate Gus.

Madge to Dogs & Flanagan to Tigers, naturally you know who wants his mate Flanagan to get a gig but doesn't want him working with Gus.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Well they got the Dogs part right!!!

The Wests Tigers have signed Bulldogs winger Brent Naden effective immediately with the flyer named to possibly take on his old club on Friday night.

Just a day after Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett announced his resignation, Naden has linked with the joint venture until at least the end of the 2023 season and has been included in the reserves under Michael Maguire.

Naden, 26, gained a release from the final year of his contract on Tuesday after he joined the Belmore club this season following a three-year stint at the Panthers.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Naden is a very good depth signing. Like To'a, he could be anything but not the end of the world if he doesn't make it. Given we have 10,000 injuries this is a good chance for him to fight his way into the team and get some first grade experience.

Good luck and welcome to Wests Tigers

BrotherJim05

Bench
ffs just read through that article. So the Dogs sack their coach, look destined for their next spoon and show the RL world they are a complete basket case...yet 80% of the article is about the Wests Tigers lack of success?

I've read a lot of speculative, hack journalist dribble in my time, but I think this one takes the cake

Latest posts