What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Good back rowers are a dime a dozen?
Bullshit they are. They are as rare as hens teeth, especially those who can excel at all levels and lead the club.
My comments were about him getting $950k per season, as IMO it will play havoc on their cap.
I wouldn't have thought any forward (except spine players) are worth that sort of money, but he got it and good luck to him.

Tigerm

First Grade

The dogs and rabbits coping it, at least it has kept us out of the news lol

WA Tiger

Bench
Let's not pretend we have anything to crow about. Both clubs have f**k all chance of winning a flag. We don't even have a premiership dream let alone a window.
Papps: “I’ve had an opportunity to get comfortable around this club” That’s a pretty revealing statement. That overrides any negative opinions the “experts” have about his intentions to leave or how bad things are . . Obviously there’s been massive changes and volatility going on around Paps and the team and he’s had plenty of opportunity and time to do a Mattison and make all those leaving noises. But nothing! From any player!
He’s got a better vantage point than all of us about our prospects, the energy within the team with Benji in charge now, with Api resigning, young players getting promoted on merit and the energy that comes from them, three high quality halves joining next year, a kick arse forward pack. The players prob like what they see and are likely positive about our prospects regarding next year. And why wouldn’t they be. No one wants to leave now. Especially if it means going back to a naturally angry coach at Parra who’s had his chance at glory and failed. And whose prob going to get even more angry as things deteriorate further.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
And let’s face it Paps wage isn’t what’s keeping him at WT. Benji would have spoken to him about his worth. Thats the difference between Benji and the 2 other old codgers. What did Pascoe say on that podcast..”Benji has an incredible ability to connect with the players”…Fk the bus we got a limo now haha

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench

JOEY, “I’m going to revise what I said about Walsh a month ago: he’s not a once-in-a-generation player, he’s a once-in-a-lifetime player. Not only does he have lightning speed and footwork, he’s got unbelievable toughness as well.”

And the cut out passes
It was expected..He’ll eventually pass Billy as the greatest fullback. Just needs the time now

gordsy

Juniors
And let’s face it Paps wage isn’t what’s keeping him at WT. Benji would have spoken to him about his worth. Thats the difference between Benji and the 2 other old codgers. What did Pascoe say on that podcast..”Benji has an incredible ability to connect with the players”…Fk the bus we got a limo now haha
Rubbish. As if Benji has any status as a coach, especially after coaching the team to a spoon. As for what Pascoe says who cares, we haven't had any real success under his leadership.

WA Tiger

Bench
Rubbish. As if Benji has any status as a coach, especially after coaching the team to a spoon. As for what Pascoe says who cares, we haven't had any real success under his leadership.
We havnt had a good coach under Pascoes leadership.I do look forward to our rugby league chats Gordsy. You don’t let your bias dictate your opinions despite the changes Benji has made in 1 month the other 2 couldn't make in 5 years …including getting rid of Brooks and bringing in 3 top shelf halves in that time. Starting 4 kids from the lower grades that deserve it…2 of which look like masterstrokes already..also make Talau disappear …and the players are following the Benji gospel without as much as a peep..…therefore it’s more likely top players will be recruited after our gun halves arrive.....Benji hasn’t put a foot wrong. And your argument: 2 sentences. The first one being complete crap.
We should do this more often

Last edited:

weretiger

Juniors
We havnt had a good coach under Pascoes leadership.I do look forward to our rugby league chats Gordsy. You don’t let your bias dictate your opinions despite the changes Benji has made in 1 month the other 2 couldn't make in 5 years …including getting rid of Brooks and bringing in 3 top shelf halves in that time. Starting 4 kids from the lower grades that deserve it…2 of which look like masterstrokes already..also make Talau disappear …and the players are following the Benji gospel without as much as a peep..…therefore it’s more likely top players will be recruited after our gun halves arrive.....Benji hasn’t put a foot wrong. And your argument: 2 sentences. The first one being complete crap.
i do not get the benji love as a coach. he is a nobody, has achieved nothing but a spoon as a assistant coach. as a player he was good up until 2012 then there were a few glimpses of his former self he could not even make the broncos run on side same at souths .Compared to Darren lockyer its not even close and now he is a nrl coach without serving a apprenticeship all on the back of few good years as player i only know of one basket case of a place who would put there money on a 500:1 shot
occasionally they get up i hope he does but the odds are against it

Last edited by a moderator:

WA Tiger

Bench
How Benji has played since 2012 has nothing to do with how he will go as a coach..Player/ assistant coach and head coach success’s are completely unconnected.eg: Bennett and Webster who arnt nobodies now, and Ciraldo who probably is…..(not that I think Benjis latter playing years were as bad as you say)

Surely if you follow any sport you and Gordsie will know this fact.. Although with Gordsie I wonder if he knows which sport he’s following at times..

You also know that any team playing without decent halves are never going to compete on a level playing field with premiership winning and Aussie rep team/ halves. I mean all this is obvious isn’t it..

Your “Benjis a nothing” and launching into your meaningless tirade speaks volumes about your need to discredit Benji at any cost..Sheens has been booted because he’s a bad influence on the team..The spoon isn’t because of Benji..It’s the environment and is so for any team that gets the spoon. Can you imagine trying to have any influence on a team with sheens jumping in every 5 minutes.

There’s plenty that I’ve mentioned recently that Benji has done that’s been a first for the team, that you see in all the top teams, but we haven't seen since before madge arrived (I’m not going to repeat them). Naturally with your blind spots you and Gordsie will miss those and insist they arnt important.. that bringing out the whip is all you need..and then when you discuss other sports teams they will suddenly be important again..Well maybe Benji does need to bring out the whip and who says he won’t…..I get your blind spot hate for Benji from you, Gordsie and the DCOE. I do, but that’s not what I see.

Everyone wants an experienced proven coach..and that’s why we’ve missed good new coaches that have emerged.. and I’ll say it again, you can either coach or you can’t. The length of the apprenticeship is not as important. Anyway I’d say Benjis had a unique fast tracked apprenticeship which despite the drama he would have learnt much more from sheens etc than a standard apprenticeship by other assistants.

Benjis been basically head coach with sheens still looking over his shoulder for 3 games.. The backs for the last 3 games outside of Nofo and Bulla have been the equivalent of a dogs breakfast. That’s cos no top line backs want a bar of us, and for good reason..The start of next year it’s ouside of the halves, Nofo, Bulla and Toa..we have much less “holes” now. Hopefully Benji can plug them and get Bulla on the weights..

Also good coaches don’t have instant success from day one. Although that Dolphins game showed some good signs. Let Benji get through his first preseason, put HIS stamp on the team, the same next year and then judge him..

And Chill !

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
How Benji has played since 2012 has nothing to do with how he will go as a coach..Player/ assistant coach and head coach success’s are completely unconnected.eg: Bennett and Webster who arnt nobodies now, and Ciraldo who probably is…..(not that I think Benjis latter playing years were as bad as you say)

Surely if you follow any sport you and Gordsie will know this fact.. Although with Gordsie I wonder if he knows which sport he’s following at times..

You also know that any team playing without decent halves are never going to compete on a level playing field with premiership winning teams/ halves. I mean all this is obvious isn’t it..

Your “Benjis a nothing” and launching into your meaningless tirade speaks volumes about your need to discredit Benji at any cost..Sheens has been booted because he’s a bad influence on the team..The spoon isn’t because of Benji..It’s the environment and is so for any team that gets the spoon. Can you imagine trying to have any influence on a team with sheens jumping in every 5 minutes.

There’s plenty that I’ve mentioned recently that Benji has done that’s been a first for the team that you see in all the top teams, but we haven't seen since before madge arrived (I’m not going to repeat them). Naturally with your blind spots you and Gordsie will miss those and insist they arnt important.. that bringing out the whip is all you need..and then when you discuss other sports teams they will suddenly be important again..Well maybe Benji does need to bring out the whip and who says he won’t…..I get your blind spot hate for Benji from you, Gordsie and the DCOE. I do, but that’s not what I see.

Everyone wants an experienced proven coach..and that’s why we’ve missed good new coaches that have emerged.. and I’ll say it again, you can either coach or you can’t. The length of the apprenticeship is not as important. Anyway I’d say Benjis had a unique fast tracked apprenticeship which despite the drama he would have learnt much more from sheens etc than a standard apprenticeship by other assistants.

Benjis been basically head coach with sheens still looking over his shoulder for 2 games.. For the start of next year the backline outside of the halves, Nofo, Bulla and Toa is the equivalent of a dogs breakfast. That’s cos no top line backs want a bar of us. Although we have less “holes” now. Hopefully Benji can plug them and get Bulla on the weights..
Also good coaches don’t have instant success from day one..Let Benji get through his first preseason, put HIS stamp on the team, the same next year and then judge him..

And Chill !
If we get the spoon again next year, blood will be spilt and the board will be looking for a scalp, to save their own?

Pezz70

Juniors
Who are the mysterious 3 top shelf halves Benji has bought in?

Fordy20

Juniors
If we get the spoon again next year, blood will be spilt and the board will be looking for a scalp, to save their own?

The board are accountable to no one. Look at that dickhead with the banner rocking up to home games. "End the Pascoe Fiasco" his banner says. If this is the IQ level of our fans, no wonder nothing changes.

The only way for the board to be accountable is for the NRL to demand constitutional change so that the club members directly elect non-independent directors rather than Wests Ashfield appointing them.