What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Ted

Bench
I think this season has shown (again) that the club has to get the balance right, with experience and youth.
But importantly how they introduce the young blokes into FG. I think we are going in the right direction, but it does drag you down especially when some of the highly paid who are out of action getting exposed by the young blokes who are showing some willingness.

Yes, they lack experience at this level, but you only get it by playing at this level.

Unfortunately, the highly paid players are letting us down. I was not against the signings, but they haven't delivered value for their pay cheques.

Seems to have been this way forever.
No club has been fkd over as much as us by gifting toxic contracts to lemons who were hugely overpaid & under-delivered.The culpability of the dimwitted Pascoe the megalomaniac Hag the one dimensional thickhead Maguire & the degenerate Sheens is unequivocal.We finally have the right person in the ruthless & high rugby league IQ Richo to turn the club around.It will take time.

No club has been fkd over as much as us by gifting toxic contracts to lemons who were hugely overpaid & under-delivered.The culpability of the dimwitted Pascoe the megalomaniac Hag the one dimensional thickhead Maguire & the degenerate Sheens is unequivocal.We finally have the right person in the ruthless & high rugby league IQ Richo to turn the club around.It will take time.
Richo was celebrating as hard as we were last weekend.

Because when all was said and done, there was simply no better answer to our external critics.

No stronger message could be sent than an against the odds win in such dire circumstances.

We remain shrouded in darkness, but we thought we saw some light!

Nutz

Bench
Hope I’m wrong but I don’t think Miller will cut the mustard
He will if the mustard is on a couple of hotdogs Ted 😂
I've been harping on all year after watching him in lower grades that the guy needs to put in some serious conditioning work. He has been injured but that's when you really smash ab workouts and upper body stuff.
Are our trainers doing their job?

Fordy20

Juniors

According to Rothfield, Danny Stapleton was the mastermind behind hiring Sheens

Tigerm

First Grade

jason taylor

Bench
Actually, I thought the story was that Buzz mentioned it over a lunch, with Sheens, Pascoe and Lee? And the rest as they say, was history?
Seems like revisionist history on the part of Rothfield (no surprises there, there’s been a few versions that all increasingly distance himself from the decision making)

A year ago he was claiming that while he did ask Sheens if was interested in coaching while at lunch with Pascoe and Lee,
he had first suggested Flanagan (which was shot down)

WA Tiger

Bench
Definitely prefer to keep SU but if he doesn’t commit soon he can fk off as it would emphasise his devotion to the $.What we’ve offered him is extremely generous.
I don’t know if SU would want to part with the Tongan mafia..They’d be forming a tight brotherhood a tough influence - go’s without saying and it’s growing by the day..But we must be winning like we did against the raiders and consistently for him to want to stay .. There’s definately the potential for something special to happen soon if not already at WT..we will know more this weekend

Last edited:
Seems like revisionist history on the part of Rothfield (no surprises there, there’s been a few versions that all increasingly distance himself from the decision making)

A year ago he was claiming that while he did ask Sheens if was interested in coaching while at lunch with Pascoe and Lee,

Yes, that’s my understanding.

Of course it still took Lee and the board to make it happen.

Tim shouldn’t have taken the role after he was appointed to review the applications.

Ironically, if he’d done the right thing and kept his nose out of it, he could still be enjoying his footy manager role and we could still be employing his wife.

But patience and rugby league are usually mutually exclusive.

Everyone wants everything and they want it yesterday.

And Tim didn’t spend very long coaching before he was knifed anyway.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yes, that’s my understanding.

Of course it still took Lee and the board to make it happen.

Tim shouldn’t have taken the role after he was appointed to review the applications.

Ironically, if he’d done the right thing and kept his nose out of it, he could still be enjoying his footy manager role and we could still be employing his wife.

But patience and rugby league are usually mutually exclusive.

Everyone wants everything and they want it yesterday.

And Tim didn’t spend very long coaching before he was knifed anyway.
I commented a month or so back, that I think Benji is safe for this year, but if it's heading towards the gutter this time next year, he may be in some trouble.
It's a results driven business and I don't think Richo will save him, if it's turning to shit.

Nutz

Bench

What would rednose Frothfield know what happened at that lunch. Gibbering and one too many.

I commented a month or so back, that I think Benji is safe for this year, but if it's heading towards the gutter this time next year, he may be in some trouble.
It's a results driven business and I don't think Richo will save him, if it's turning to shit.
I think that’s right.

I think he was somewhat forced into a youth campaign, but finding himself with little choice, he’s managed to make a bloody good fist of it.

To be fair to him, I’ve kept my foot off his neck recently.

The collapse last week, stopped me from enjoying the win as much as I could have.

i know I was there and biased and I’m really happy for css folk, but I preferred LO as an effort because the grind was do or die for the full 80. Just one or two of the smallest slip ups and we were goneskis.

We weren’t so much hot and on fire, it was each man prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice.

When APIs ankle tap to stop a runaway player brings down the house, it was an ethereal atmosphere.

12 men and we let the raiders drive over us at will. That’s not good enough.

And to avoid the spoon, we can’t tolerate that.

And I’m not angry at the kids, i am thrilled by them, understand, but our wonderful game, it’s also brutal. It takes no prisoners whether you are 16 or 40.

We need a show v roosters. Can’t let the entitled pricks put a score on us.

For magpie legends, if I was at css, I would have argued it was better. In some aspects it was!

Last edited: