What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Shredder

Juniors
Haven't posted in a while, but this one got me.

Richo reckons we have 9/17 players that can win a premiership.

Who is he talking about??

Other than Bulla, Galvin, Luai, Turava and Api, who are the other four???

Nutz

Bench

Fonua Pole
Samuela Fainu
Bula
Luai
Galvin
Turuva
Olam (only if finals within 2 years)
Koroisau (only if finals within 2 years)
Seyfarth
Da Silva
If you add a couple of guns it changes the whole dynamics of our squad.
Eg. if we had someone like Haas and Farnworth, Chrichton and RTS or Young and To'o to name a few.
Even if we had those players with the squad we currently have we would have won those close games this year.
People say stats are BS. Well I believe they are a good guide and it's no surprise that the top clubs and players consistently have great stats, especially try assists and running metres/no missed tackles.
In a couple of games this year our stats have been pathetic hence why we lose or get belted. Backs can't perform if we don't dominate the ruck, middle and edges. These areas are a priority.
We need players to join us that hardly ever have poor stats.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Thanks Nutz.
I was just about to make a negative post about how our new sponsors could be ever ready batteries and we could run with the slogan Wests Tigers Last Forever but I feel more positive after your post so I won't do that now.

WA Tiger

Bench

I missed that one. It’s the timing tho isn’t it. I like the “ we want players that want to be here” but this one could have waited a bit.. at least until we were off the bottom of the table..where we’ve been for? shit I’ve lost count

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade

You don't need a team full of superstars. Staines won a premiership with Penrith. I disagree with Richo's comment because I don't think it's so simple. You can't just state you need 8 more players to win us the comp. We are losing Stef, Papalli and hopefully Bateman but these guys are all guys that could fit into a premiership team. I just don't think they work for us.

The Fainu brothers to me are all good players and would easily fit into a premiership winning club.

Doueihi to me is an interesting one. He looks real good at times but he is so inconsistent and his defensive misses at times are terrible. If he got his game together though he could help a team win the comp but at the same time I think he is one of the prob;ems that we have in that too many of our players have massive differences between their best games and their worst games.

Latest posts