What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

Coach
[FONT=Open Sans, Open Sans Regular, sans-serif]ZEROTACKLE....[/FONT]
Wests Tigers are making bold moves to revamp their squad for the 2024 season, actively pursuing the signings Jack Bird, Corey Horsburgh and Royce Hunt.
Bird brings versatility and experience, and has already met with Tigers boss Shane Richardson to discuss a potential two-year deal.

His ability to fill multiple positions and bring leadership qualities make him an attractive option for the Tigers, who are keen to bring in seasoned players capable of mentoring their younger talent.

The Tigers will be keen for Bird to put a chequered injury history in the past if he is to arrive and have an impact.
Corey Horsburgh enjoyed his debut in State of Origin last year and is likely to leave Canberra. He has already held discussions with the Bulldogs and Broncos, but the Tigers appear to be his best bet financially.
Currently in Cronulla's top 30 prop Royce Hunt has been given permission to explore his options for the 2026 season, and the shire-based team may consider releasing him early if they receive adequate compensation.
Hunt is seeking a multi-year deal as it could potentially be his last contract in the NRL.
I've revised my opinions of these guys and I wouldn't slit my wrists if they they came at the right price with a club option. To this end I wouldn't be throwing in cash for Hunt to get him next year.
I'd rather carry over the max unused cap allowable to next year so if a marquee player falls into our lap we'll have the cash.
The thing is, we have lost Stefano and Papi, maybe, hopefully Bateman.
They have to be replaced.
I’m not across player markets, but who is available , who are better than these blokes?
We can’t leave it all to the young blokes to get us out of the deep hole we are in.
Bird-155 games, SOO & GF winner
Horsburgh- 85 games, SOO
Hunt-70 games

We need talent and experience.

Nutz

Bench
The thing is, we have lost Stefano and Papi, maybe, hopefully Bateman.
They have to be replaced.
I’m not across player markets, but who is available , who are better than these blokes?
We can’t leave it all to the young blokes to get us out of the deep hole we are in.
Bird-155 games, SOO & GF winner
Horsburgh- 85 games, SOO
Hunt-70 games

We need talent and experience.
We are always left with making less than perfect signings, nothing has changed.
Bird is the bestpuout of those but still not ideal. That's why holding onto our cash might be the best idea.
Also we need to shore up the good players that we do have.

Tiger05

First Grade
We are always left with making less than perfect signings, nothing has changed.
Bird is the bestpuout of those but still not ideal. That's why holding onto our cash might be the best idea.
Also we need to shore up the good players that we do have.

I agree with you. I understand how we need some experience since we have a very young squad. In stating that we really need good on-field performances. I don't want to see us buy players who don't provide value for money.

Nutz

Bench
I agree with you. I understand how we need some experience since we have a very young squad. In stating that we really need good on-field performances. I don't want to see us buy players who don't provide value for money.
If you look at the Sharks, the majority of their side isn't big and that's why at times they struggle.
They play up tempo footy to run bigger packs around but sometimes they can't dominate the middle. They addressed this problem by signing AFB. Size does matter.
If we could get Hunt and he has a great off-season when he gets some miles in his legs then he would be good.
I know I've been advocating his signature from day dot but I am concerned about his fitness.
He has the mongrel in him and the size.