What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
I hope you’re proven right, but I think I will be 😂. Benji was instrumental is signing Jayden Sullivan, I have nothing against Sullivan but he is proof that Benji probably shouldn’t be the one signing the talent. I don’t think Hunt is a dud by any means, I just don’t think he is our man, he is 29 years old has played the way he plays his whole career, it’s hard work teaching an old dog new tricks. I would rather have spent a few more dollars on RCG, whose style I think would suit us and he can play a few more minute than Royce.

Royce has averaged 6 runs for 63m and 13 tackles a game this year. RCG 13 runs 124m 28 tackles more tackle breaks, more line breaks & line break assists and far less errors.

Stats aren’t everything but everything Hunt offers we already have. He’s very average in a pack that is a cut above ours, he plays off the back of a pack that has pretty good go forward and still returns bog average stats. Anyways I’ll be happy to have a big serve of humble pie if he cuts the mustard.

I love Horsburgh too but I wouldn’t sign him now we have Hunt. They’re sort of the same, Horsburgh is a better player than Hunt. The next forward has to be a proper meat axe with a some ball skills - Jai Arrow, Victor Radley, Cam Murray, Angus Crichton or Liam Martin style would be great for us, or alternatively a rangy ball player like Isaiah Yeo, Sean Lane and I really think Kai Pearce- Paul has the talent to be a freak
Only in dreamland will the minted top players like RCG seek us out… We have to take other avenues like lucky timing and players that are excess to requirements coz of a gun taking their place like with Hunt.. Later they will come but not yet.. To say Benji has proven he’s not up to recruiting because of Sullivan is reaching a bit considering the other recruits he’s brought in..The good signings can’t all be attributed to Richo.. Benjis involved as well and seems to have influence

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
I'd honestly consider having Latu and TDS on the bench in first grade assuming we are at full strength.
Why? Who are they coming on for?
These days because the game is so quick you need a utility to give api a breather and also cover an injury in the backline. I'm convinced Latu can do this.
Your bench will be an impact middle - Hunt, two workhorses and a utility.
I'll see if I can find the short vid of latu playing dummy half...killed it.
I want Taylan to play 80 min a game in reserve grade and come into the NRL if Api is injured or unavailable, you could possibly have both Taylan and Latu playing in that scenario.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I hope you’re proven right, but I think I will be 😂. Benji was instrumental is signing Jayden Sullivan, I have nothing against Sullivan but he is proof that Benji probably shouldn’t be the one signing the talent. I don’t think Hunt is a dud by any means, I just don’t think he is our man, he is 29 years old has played the way he plays his whole career, it’s hard work teaching an old dog new tricks. I would rather have spent a few more dollars on RCG, whose style I think would suit us and he can play a few more minute than Royce.

Royce has averaged 6 runs for 63m and 13 tackles a game this year. RCG 13 runs 124m 28 tackles more tackle breaks, more line breaks & line break assists and far less errors.

Stats aren’t everything but everything Hunt offers we already have. He’s very average in a pack that is a cut above ours, he plays off the back of a pack that has pretty good go forward and still returns bog average stats. Anyways I’ll be happy to have a big serve of humble pie if he cuts the mustard.

I love Horsburgh too but I wouldn’t sign him now we have Hunt. They’re sort of the same, Horsburgh is a better player than Hunt. The next forward has to be a proper meat axe with a some ball skills - Jai Arrow, Victor Radley, Cam Murray, Angus Crichton or Liam Martin style would be great for us, or alternatively a rangy ball player like Isaiah Yeo, Sean Lane and I really think Kai Pearce- Paul has the talent to be a freak
Apparently the precious wanka RCG knocked us back.

Pezz70

Juniors
Only in dreamland will the minted top players like RCG seek us out… We have to take other avenues like lucky timing and players that are excess to requirements coz of a gun taking their place like with Hunt.. Later they will come but not yet.. To say Benji has proven he’s not up to recruiting because of Sullivan is reaching a bit considering the other recruits he’s brought in..The good signings can’t all be attributed to Richo.. Benjis involved as well and seems to have influence
That’s the reality of it, you either have to part with a bit more cash or take a chance on someone running around in lower grades, with similar qualities, it’s a bit of a catch 22, both scenarios have a bit of risk, but by the same token you don’t just go spend money on somebody who’s been unable to nail a permanent NRL spot despite a few years of trying, no matter the reason.

As for your Benji comments I agree but I wouldn’t let him have cart blanche over signings they need to be properly scrutinised. Don’t mind Sulllivan but I think we paid overs for him when his prospects were always limited as an NRL regular. I think Benji has done a pretty fair job this year, I’m more confident that we’re on the up than I have been in the last three or four years.

Tiger05

First Grade
Why? Who are they coming on for?

Api should get at least a 20 minute break per game and TDS comes on.

Latu I think comes on as a 3rd play maker in the middle.

The issue is we would be short a middle forward on the bench but my take is we can make it work.

I want Taylan to play 80 min a game in reserve grade and come into the NRL if Api is injured or unavailable, you could possibly have both Taylan and Latu playing in that scenario.

I get that but I just think those 3 players look so good and we need to push their development in first grade.

Nutz

Bench
Api should get at least a 20 minute break per game and TDS comes on.

Latu I think comes on as a 3rd play maker in the middle.

The issue is we would be short a middle forward on the bench but my take is we can make it work.

I get that but I just think those 3 players look so good and we need to push their development in first grade.
We'll respectively agree to disagree mate. I'm moving on.

Latest posts